Slow forum traffic

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11446
It seems like traffic to this forum has slowed WAY down from a few years ago. The car audio section at least. I remember when it was always buzzing with new threads, now theres hardly anything...

Whats the deal, is the site not getting the google exposure it used to? Admin, maybe you should examine your advertising / exposure methods...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23586
Oh yeah. Traffic has slowed down significantly. You can draw your own conclusions on the source but ever since this place took on as many ads and pop ups ppl were just thwarted away by all the nonsense.

It's a catch 22 scenario. More traffic = more ad $ potential. More ad $ means more BS like all the pop ups and banners. The admin won't change it because this place is just that........his business.

Shoot they have even taken out the wonderful and majestic experience of the Niagra falls by placing billboards all over the place.

I'm waiting on the banner placed on the moon for Nike shoes.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 8821
Would there be any interest in a paid membership version of the site with no ads and perhaps special features?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23589
Lol.

Silver Member
Username: Finish22

Post Number: 427
Traffic on the Satellite section has also diminished significantly.
But that's a different story....
People there don't mind the quantity or quality of advertisement as long as they can find
what they're looking for.
They understand that everything worthwhile comes at a price.
And If it means searching throughout massive amounts of advertisement, so be it.

A few months ago, hundreds of members buzzed the forums filled with useful information...
but suddenly, technology changed... and that "useful information" is no longer available.
The good thing is that this situation is only temporary.
Eventually, a waited new development will change things around and bring things back to normal.
So it's time to sit and chill it out.
And it's up to Admins to wise up and make the best out of it.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11456

Would there be any interest in a paid membership version of the site with no ads and perhaps special features?

Well that would depend on the cost, I'm sure. Some other forums I'm on have paid premium members who get no ads, their own restricted forum section, bigger avatar/signatures and a special user status, etc, and it works for them.

But the issue I was thinking about is lack of new members coming in like there was before. I know most people find this site thru google, which made me think maybe the site isn't getting the same exposure in google search results that it used to.

Bronze Member
Username: Toothpic

Post Number: 38
Ideally potential subscribers shouldn't be able to find the same information elsewhere for free online.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23614
Paid version. You mean a new exclusive side to this site that only paying members can benefit from? Just how does that help those looking for advice if most of the competent members are kicking it in the private teacher's lounge?

IMO, people offer their knowledgeable wisdom free of charge for a reason. They don't ask for a fee and they certainly don't get a kickback from the forum owner for their time. This site is built on helping others FREE OF CHARGE.

Forgive me but creating yet another cash cow off the very members who make you money now is flat out insulting.

Not trying to come off blunt but we've all seen this place become a giant billboard and making a paying version of Ecoustics only makes things worse.

Know what I'm saying?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15061
Agree with Paul about free charge!

This site is not different that other sites, I've see many other site add Guggle add to make more money, this is today realty.

The trafic is very good again today, the sites number exploded since 2 years then divided the users.

Post Number: 8846
I hear what you are all saying and I appreciate all of the feedback. I have no plans to charge for anything and happy to keep the site free.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11464
lol he owns the site which means it's his way or the highway...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23641
M.S.

Have you received your apparel kit for making platinum yet lol?

It's been quite a while hasn't it?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11475
apparel kit? lol do explain

Post Number: 8873
http://www.cafepress.com/ecoustics
http://www.cafepress.ca/ecoustics
http://www.cafepress.co.uk/ecoustics
http://www.cafepress.com.au/ecoustics

Bronze Member
Username: Toothpic

Post Number: 82
Man you act like you own this place

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15134
LOL!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23656
Several years ago I bought some shirts. I've never been more freaked out than the day I had my "experience" when wearing one.

I live in South Jersey, about 40 minutes from Philadelphia. About a year ago I visited my sister and her family in Albany NY. About 250 miles North of me. While inside a Walmart up there we were picking up some beer for the night's festivities. Naturally I was wearing an Ecoustics shirt. Out of the blue I hear someone shout "Hi Paul!". We turned around and couldn't see anyone willing to claim the sentence. I looked at my Brother-in-law who was with me and quickly explained to him that Paul was my screen name for this popular audio site that I've been a member of for some time. (Pointing at my shirt).

Common mistake? Stalker hiding in the bushes? Paul hearing something and letting his imagination run wild? Either way it was time to go lol!

Anyway, they do have a nice selection of shirts, mugs, ect. A bit pricey but I can only imagine the reason for selling anything is to make $$ so it's expected.

Upload

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11487
wow weird.. but you made it sound like platinum members get free stuff

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15670
I agree with getting back to our roots Paul.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us