DEAD MITSUBISHI 40-INCH TV. help!!

turbochica
Unregistered guest
hi all ... in 1998 my husband and i bought a used 40-inch mitsubishi tube tv. model CS-40503. we'ved loved it. (except the moving it part. takes 3 strong guys!) ... anyway, after yet another move, we tried turning it on, and everything but the picture was working. sound was great. setting displays were showing. but no picture. ... some remote button pushing and a couple of days later, we have NOTHING. no sound, no picture. in fact, pushing the power button does absolutely nothing. i know the electrical socket is working, so it's not that. i've searched online a lot today and can't seem to find any answers. i wonder if i've inadvertently pushed the wrong set of buttons and am now in some repair mode or other secret place that i can't get out of. any ideas? thanks for anything you can suggest

Anonymous

I'm an old tv repair guy ,,, no pic at all usiually means the the heater element in the picture tube it self is bured out. Also ther could be a problem with the internal power supply that gives electricity to the heater element. These are all thing the cunsumer cant fix, I have teh same set and am now starting to get a problem after 6 uears of great tv viewing. If infact its the picture tube it s going to be quite costly and may not be cast effective to repair, depaends what you paid for it. I payed appox 4,000 for mine, and intend to keep it going. It figure out if its the picture tube try an peep thu the vents in the back or side of the tv you should see an amber light in the neck of the tube at all times, provided the tv is on. I can see the tube heater in mine by pearing over the top thru thr grid strait down the middle of the set towards the back. No amber light could mean the big picure tube is blown out. Dont trust repair of this set to any on but anautorized Misubishi tech. sorry can't be of much mor help. I can be reached by email ljohnson383@comcast.net

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 202
Another possibility could be loss of B+ for the picture tube from the horizontal drive, which could be due to anything from a popped horizontal output transistor to a cold solder joint on the circuit board to any of the leads on the flyback transformer. However, sometimes a failure of the horizontal drive may also allow a domino effect and cause a catastrophic failure of the power supply. This is, of course, dependent on the design of the television.

Obviously, there was raster if the set was showing the OSD but no image when it was working (or at least when you could turn it on). This means that the set had B+ for the picture tube and that the tube itself may, hopefully, also be okay. (It's possible for the tube to be bad after a move if the set were ever dropped hard enough to cause the shadow mask or aperture grille inside the CRT envelope to shift [your set uses a shadow mask], causing a permanent rainbow pattern distortion with the only solution being a replacement picture tube or a replacement television).

For the set not turning on at all, is something like a "vacation" switch set? This is a hard power switch which disconnects the set from the mains, which is supposed to be of benefit if the set will be left off for extended periods if you were to, say, go away on vacation, hence the name.

If you think it's a syscon problem, you could try to unplug the set for about 15 minutes and then plug it back in to try again. But, I doubt this is the case here.

I'm starting to think that your set might have been damaged during your latest move. As another poster has suggested, you may want to ask a reputable repair professional to check out your TV set to see why it isn't working. If the problem is found to be from a cracked mainboard, then the set was most likely damaged from rough handling or other event from the move. At the very least, the move might have exacerbated any cold or dry solder joints and they cracked to the point where they are not allowing a good connection of the components to the circuit, which can cause intermittent operation or total loss of function.

It's that or, perhaps, your set has succumbed to the infamous leaky cap syndrome that seems to plague many Mitsubishi electronics from the late 1980s up to the late 1990s. The fact that it occured after the move may be a coincidence.

It may also be a combination of these factors as well or even due to a problem that has not been identified here.

In any case, of course I'm repeating both myself and the other poster here, you will have to hire a repair professional. Shop around for the best rates and make sure the business is reputable. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
I have a similiar problem with a 27 inch Mits. I kept it and hoped it could be fixed. I always wanted one of those 45' tv's I think you guys are talking about, even bought the Mits stand for that big dude but they quit making the tv and I still have the stand. If this problem is figured out would someone let me know at cblankenship@aol.com thanks-Craig

Username: Mender

Post Number: 1
My 40 inch is starting to shown signs of bloom. Do they still sell new tubes ?

Unregistered guest
My 40" had a leaking cap problem, sound didn't work. I called a reputable repair shop, listed on the Mits web site. Well they returned it and now no picture. Second time they brought it back a faint picture. Now I've been waiting, during college football season, for them to return it working as well as it did before they broke it. Three more days and it may be here. Don't know what to do.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 580
steve,
Even if Mitsubishi has new 40" tubes, the cost would be prohibitive. You should be joining the 16X9 digital TV age now. I've said it before...that Mits 40 should go down in history as one of the milestones of television design. However, it is time to move on.

M3nut,
My advice is to not throw good money after bad. Start to cut loose your attachment to your old and faithful 40" marvel and get into the hi-def digital video world.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
Is there anyone out there who knows where I can find a flyback for my mitsubishi 40" tv? I have called the company and they said that they no longer make any parts for them.I am hoping that someone out there has one that is no longer needed.

Unregistered guest
I just got a new plasma and put the old Mitsu out to pasture--or at least my garage. But, 11 YEARS of perfect service, and it's still cooking. How about that, sports fans? I hadn't read this forum before my purchase, but, sounds like I probably did the right thing.

Unregistered guest
To Tony V,
My 40" seems to have a burned out picture tube. I don't know what a flyback is, but if you let me know, I'd be more than happy to send you the one off mine.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 669
Great idea!
We could start an organ doner program for the 35" and 40" Mitsubishis. I've got a Mits 3514 that still works, but I know its days are numbered.

ChristopherB
Unregistered guest
I've got a 35" and a 40" Mitsu that I was moving over the weekend and oh my God, I forgot how heavy they are. I think I actually sprained my butt.
I traded places with the 35" for the 40". However, now I try to hook up the external speakers that I had on the 35" to the 40" and can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to work.
Anyone know how to hook up external speakers to the 40"?

russ95
Unregistered guest
I've got a 35 or 36 Mitsubishi tv. I've had the thing for about 8 years. never had a problem until today. I went to turn it on and everything works find, but there is no picture. I can only see one horizontal line in the center of the screen going from left to right. Is the tube blown? time to junk it? thanks for your help.

Unregistered guest
Hello, I have a 40 " Mitsubishi TV I purchased used . it was fine for about a month. As the weather got warmer it started to turn itself off. I would have to wait 15 minutes to turn it back on...during the winter months it ran fine. this past summer it stopped turning on altogether. Could it be the power supply? And if so where can I order this part?
Thanks you ,
Carrie

Unregistered guest
I too have a 40" Mitsubishi,my problem is there seems to be some kind of a large black square that sits in the middle of the picture. you can see the picture all around the outter edges of this square. The sound works,everything seems ok. The square covers all but about 2.5 to 3.5 inches all around the outter edges. When you first turn the tv on the picture is great,then after 15 seconds the square appears, is there some kind of lock or safty device that can be controlling this, when you change channels or any kind of function with the set the square disappears and then fifteen seconds after the use of the remote or manuel panel the square appears. Got any ideas?

Username: Justrite63

I guess I will be joining the growing list of people who cannot find answers to my problems.Our nine year old 40"Mitsubsihi decided on its own to stop working.Pushing the power button did nothing but frustate me.Unplugging the power for several minutes in hope of the television resetting itself.Guess what,,,,,,,,,,NOTHING.I hope someone can help with this isssue or I will have to pick it up and throw it out the damn window.I forgot it weighs a freaking ton.

Username: Nueaj

Well my 40" Mitsibushi just died. When turning on the upper & lower horizontal rapidly close until only about an inch is showing. I don't want a widescreen 16:9, I want my Mitsibushi. We have a beautiful, very expensive custome made entertainment center for it. Even just obtained a new remote from Mitsubushi when the old one died in January.

Anyone have a used set they want to get rid of. Any ex TV repair guys out there looking for a challenge?

I live in Miami, FL.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 901
Ed, with a 1" vertical you now have an ultra wide-screen of something like 32.5:1 widescreen picture. While that may be a very wide screen presentation, it is doubtful you can see much detail.

Seriously, a call to a good TV repair facility with the model number and the words "vertical collapse" will tell you whether the TV is worth repairing.

I'm sure you've enjoyed your "beautiful, very expensive" custom-made center for quite a while. Maybe you can blow out the sides to make room for a 16:9 display.

I've said it before (assuming your old Mits was the 40" CRT direct view), that TV represents a milestone in the history of home video. But as all electronics go, there's a limited lifetime to them all.

Username: Edskee0

i have a 40 inch crt mitsubishi (10yrs). recently as i watch tv broadcast the picture would intermittently darken and then eventually lighten. as i watch my dvds the room would have to be darken in order to view the movie. the video color controls do not help remedy the problem. sounds like time get tech service. any ideas on this problem?

Username: Asallwey

Sad to say, I joined the growing group of sad owners of 40" Mitsubishi 2 days ago. I have the vertical collapse problem where, after a couple of minutes, the image will shrink to ~1" horizontally.

I sure hate the idea of tossing it! Besides, my 1st generation Tivo is only analog - but it's paid for and I've no interest in getting a new one. I will try for a repair estimate this week, but after reading all the problems here I'm losing faith.

Username: Suzanne

Hoffman estates, IL Cook

I use to have a 48 inch mitch tv that totally died. I had a repair man come out and they told me that the parts I needed would take 3 months to come in. I had to fight the company to just give me another tv, which they did due to a warrenty. Although, I have brand new parts that make the picture as well as the color appear. It is a 600.00 and a 500.00 part. If anyone is interest in these parts please email me and I will more than happy give them to you half of that original price.

Username: Asallwey

Post Number: 2
To all, I just had my 40" repaired and it is as good as new. I had a repair person come to the house where they looked at it, then pulled the main board out and took it to their shop. He replaced a couple of components which corrected the vertical compression problem. Total cost was under $300.

So if you have this probem, do as I did, and John S recommended, get a repair person to come work on it.

Alex

Username: C2i

Celina, TX

Have a working 40inch Mit TV. If anyone is interested please respond to email. TV is in Dallas area

Username: Apsyched1

hi, i have a 55 inch that has red & blue 3D type pic. very annoying! tv is from late 90s. i have no idea what service charges run. i did read it has 3 color tubes & a lense. ya think the green tube is out?? hate to trash it.. it was $2500 new & has been great til now. thx for any help or input.

Username: Grjohnso

Mountain View, CA

Howdy... Not sure how active the replies here are, but I'm in a bit of a bind...

My VS-45605 just died on me last night. Manufactured Oct 1999. Has survived 3 moves, and lived a good life. But the power just died on it. Symptoms:

Over last year on hot days it would turn itself off then back on a couple times. Happened two or three times in last 12 months.

Last Monday night it started to do that while my wife was watching something. She tried to turn it off, but it would turn back on, then off, etc. This went on for a couple minutes and before she could get me to come and unplug it, it made "pop" sound, and started to smell like a plastic fire. By the time I got into the house all was quiet, tv was dead, and the room smelled a bit toxic.

Anyway, unplugged the tv immediately and there it sits. The power cord was cold to the touch, so everything that went wrong was internal. I haven't popped it open to look at the damage yet.

So, is it worth getting a pro to come out and take a look? Everything else about the TV was great. But alas, it's not HDTV, and takes up a lot of space. I just hate to throw away $100-$200 to find out that it's dead, when I could be putting that money towards a better TV in the first place.

I live in the S.F. Bay area, if anyone knows a shop or "guy" that could help me out for a fair price.

Thanks,

Greg

Username: Grjohnso

Mountain View, CA

Well, decided to drop $100 to have Anderson's TV come out and take a look at it. I'll at least be able to make an informed decision after that. Kinda hoping it's FUBAR, but would be in my financial and marital best interest if it's just a blown cap or the likes..

We'll see... wish me luck..

- Greg

Username: Eric_2006

Hi-

I've got a Mitsubishi CS-35503 From 1995 (36"?) with no sound at all. (Picture & tuner are still great) It started cutting out over a couple of days and now is entirely gone. Anything I should try before getting a repair person out?

Thanks-

Username: Johnnyc

I'm glad I found this board. With great feelings of nostalgia, I watched my Mitubishi CS 40503 get carted out of my apartment by three strong guys this morning. I'd bought it in 1994 (BTW, does anyone remember what the retail price was back in those days? My recollection is that it was in the low to mid thousands. A lot of money, but it truly was a marvel of technology and design at the time and gave me many years of happy viewing.)

It was only in the last couple of years when I would compare it to other, newer CRT's that I noticed it was beginning to lose its sharpness. Nonetheless, I stubbornly resisted buying a new 16:9 flat screen until the prices came down since I didn't want to spend too much for a comparable viewing area and end up replacing my beloved Mitsubishi with something that wouldn't be as dramatic today as the 40" 4:3 screen was 12 years ago.

So, I guess this is as close to an Obituary that I'll ever write for an inanimate object, but I sure enjoyed that set!

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1050
John, as I said in my post above to another 40" mourner: "I've said it before...that Mits 40 should go down in history as one of the milestones of television design. However, it is time to move on."

I quit working the sales floor of a major appliance retailer in Nov. 1994, right after the 40" came out. I was pretty proud of my Mits 35" CRT, but that 40 was almost mind boggling. At the time for sheer size the only game was CRT RP, but I never liked the idea of keeping the product of three separate picture tubes in register.

It seemed like for years magazines such as Pop Mechanix would run articles about super thin TVs of the future that one could hang on a wall, and the question always was "yeah, where is it?" But that 40 was was real and available, and it was a marvel---even today. There was, however, no hanging that baby on a wall.

John S: Thanks for the comments and I am moving on (61" Pioneer PRO-1410HD). Do you recall the retail price of the 40503 in 1994 right when it came out. I bought it in October or November?

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1054
John, no I do not remember exactly what that 40" was going for, but my guess is in the neighborhood of $3500.

What a shame:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-FULLY-TESTED-40-Mitsubishi-CS-40503-TV-SAVE-BIG_W0QQitemZ300012380106QQcmdZViewItem

Your new Pioneer is no less a miracle. Welcome to the 21st Century. Good luck with it.

Upload

Username: Rfv

I have owned a CS-40503 for the last 11 years. After returning from vacation today, it would not turn on. Visual inspection discovered blackened area around D982. Internet search found that D982 and C982 may be leaky. Does anyone know how I can get the part numbers for these items?

Thank you,
Randy

Username: Rfv

For those wondering what the price was for the CS-40503, I have my receipt dated 11/20/95 from the Kadena AB BX (Overseas US Military department store in Japan)saying $2439.00 for the TV and $269.00 for the stand (Total $2708.00). I think it may have been a promotional sale. I don't remember what the normal price was (this may have been the normal price).

Username: Mgreyman

Hello all, I have 40" Mits I bought in 1995 I believe. It is working great, but apparently Columbus was wrong and the world is flat. We are going to join the world and would like to get rid of our 40" set. We were wondering how much it might fetch, or if anyone is interested. We live in the Los Angeles area if there's any interest. It's been a great set, but time marches on. Thanks.

Post Number: 3
ma grey:

After a little research I concluded that I would be fortunate to get someone to haul the set out for free, which is what I did. Not much of a market for these behemoths, but wonderful behemoths they were. There's an e-bay link in the third post, dated 8/6/06, before your post suggesting that the set recently sold for $200 on e-bay, but I have no idea what the shipping/insurance, etc., arrangements would have to be if you found such a buyer. And I agree...time to move on.

Username: Julia241

Hi I have a mitsubishi 40" color tv model # CS-40503 in california, if anyone is intrested in purchaseing it email me!

Username: Ravencajun

I also have one of those fabulous 40" CS 40503 tvs. We paid right around $3000 for ours but I don't remember the exact year.

I had that vertical collapse thing happen on mine several years ago and had a mobile tv repair company come over and they fixed it for around $200 which was well worth it to us.

Now the problem I am having is that the reds are leaving trails and the colors are bleeding also on the right side of the screen there is this 1" wide black space that kind of waves .. it gets thinner and wider but no more than about 1" wide. I have no idea what this is called. Is this Bloom? and well what the heck is it that is happening anyone know? The picture is still good until I go to a show with a lot of red. I did try to tone the reds down with the settings but it did not help much. I sure hope it is not about to die on us. I know I know it is time to move on but I really love this tv and would spend some money to fix it again if it was not too much.

any ideas??

Username: Dmac13

Our 40" Mitsubishi CS-40503 has begun to have a sort of horizontal interference (quickly moving horizontal interference with horrible popping sound) at times. There is also a narrow green horizontal line at the top of the screen with a small section that is pink) - the "interference" happens occasionally but mostly after it has been off then turned on-but it does not start it immediately - about 15 minutes after it is turned on it starts and continues for 30 min.-1 hour then only does it intermittently...any ideas?

Username: Elliot

I also own the 40" Mitsu tube. I am having the same problem as posted by Walus above. After about 15 seconds a black square appears in the middle of the screen. If you change the channel or hit any other button to adjust your input, etc., the box temporarily disappears only to reappear in 15 seconds. I love this TV and have had zero problems in twelve years. Has anyone heard of the solution to this problem? Thanks.

Post Number: 5
Donna and Elliot: sorry to hear you're having problems with the CS-40503. I held onto mine from 1994 until this past August. It was a marvel of engineering for its day and defined "Home Theater" for years. As a fellow "dead-ender," I'm afraid my advice is that it's time to move on. I was lucky to find a few strong guys to carry mine out for no charge. I'm delighted with my new HD Plasma. It's a great new world out there, but I'll always have fond memories of the 40503.

Username: Jimjimbobim

I have one for sale in Seattle if anyone is interested. Great condition, no problems. First $300.00 takes it. Local only
I will not ship it.

Username: Jgordon

Silver Spring, MD United States

I have a Mitsubishi 40-inch TV model CS-40503. It's been going strong since purchase in May 1995 for $3000. There's been no trouble until recently when a popping sound began occuring just after turning on. According to this discussion board I should expect worse trouble soon. The new HDTVs look fine except for the black bar problem. Most of the movies/shows that I like are 4:3 size and fill the screen. With an HDTV I'll have to live with bars on the sides or tops and bottoms.
I'll just hang on to the old Mitsubishi and pray.

Username: Dmac13

Hey, Jgordon---no praying needed for your CS-40503- just find a good Mitsubishi repairman - ours was doing the same thing (see post above) after no problems since '95, but he repaired it for a mere $200. After shopping and discovering that a new one would cost $2700+, we decided to give him a try. He has been working on Mitsubitshis for 17 years and said that he had not worked on many of the 40" because they just did not have many problems. So, we are excited to get our tv back and to avoid paying big $ for a new one now. NOTHING ON THE MARKET CAN COMPARE TO THIS TELEVISION!! Try it --it is worth every penny!!

Username: Kbm001

quitting you is so hard to do!

I've owned my 40" for over 10 years and have been considering the move to a plasma or lcd. in the past week, the picture has started to slowly 'fade to black' and not come back... until i turn it on again after several minutes/hours. Obviously this wont' do... i think this is the end of the road, but sounds like there may be a '$200' solution... if that's the case, i may just have to hold on a little longer...

Any help is appreciated - I'm in NYC

Username: Pdriggs

I have the Mitsubishi CS-40503 and have had no problems until now. Only on some stations there is a red shadow along peoples faces. There is also in the left corner a discoloration, sometime green. Is this the tube or something else?

Username: Lakeshow

Hey all. Found this board through a google search for info on my Mitsu CS-40505 CRT. Good to hear so many people loved their 40" as much as I have. It is without a doubt the best TV I have ever owned. I still remember the first day I set it up back in 95 and just being in awe of how good it looked. It still blows away a lot of the newer TV's in terms of pure picture quality. But, the time has come for me to move on to the HD age. Buying a Mitsu WD-65731 in a week or so, so the old reliable tube must go. It won't be easy to see her go, but it's time. In case anyone was interested, here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D260076224627

Username: Viborafanman

I bought a used Mitsu CS-40505 CRT 3yrs ago and just last week experienced the vertical collapse problem where after a few minutes the picture shrinks to about one inch across the center. the repairman came out and took one look at the picture (before the collapse) and quickly said it is a power supply problem. What these guys (RJO Electronics in Mesa AZ) will do is order a pwr supply board components kit ($140)and troubleshoot at the component level. I will not be charged for components that are not used. Total repair estimate, including $100 pick-up, delivery and set-up $350-450,depending on how many components they use out of the kit. all of them, probably, but this guy was impressed with the picture, considering the mfg date was 1994. I'm expecting it back next week and I'll post the results.

Username: Viborafanman

Well, it took about a month, but my CS-40505 is back and good as new. The techs used about $90 of the $140 "power supply board repair kit". total cost to repair: $425.

Username: Obsidianbrix

Probably tempting fate here but I have a CS40503 manufactured November 1994, purchased new early March, 1995. $700-800 off retail from one of those New York electronic stores with ads in the back of A-V magazines and an 800 number. Getting it off the truck (and then upstairs!) was an adventure.

Twelve years later the picture remains pretty much in the dazzling category...just as when it was first tweaked in 1995. Even with 3 hdtvs in the house, this one's still the NTSC king.

Username: Tedward300

Help!!! I need a flyback transformer p/n 334D100020 for my CS-40307...Best TV ever!!!

Username: Sviz

Los Angeles, CA USA

I purchased my "40 CS-40503 Aug '94 for a total of $2921.77 and it has been the best purchase I have ever made. It has entertained been a big contributor to my families entertainment. I am saddened by the recent popping noises that have been occurring. When I first turn the TV on it is starting to make these annoying popping sounds along with a flickering screen. After several attempts of turning off and on will this problem stops. From reading this site it sounds like it's the beginning of worse to come. But I would like to avoid that. I am not technically savvy. What do I tell a repair guy to look for? Any advice would be a great help.

Username: Swands

Can anyone tell me how much the Mitsubishi CS 40503 40in TVs weigh? We've looked through the manual and have done an extensive internet search, but nothing about the weight can be found. We need to know if the TV stand we have will hold our TV.
Thanks!

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1819
­
Susan, this seller says his 40505 is 240 pounds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitsubishi-CS-40505-40-inch-CRT-Color-TV_W0QQitemZ2501662735 20QQihZ015QQcategoryZ15086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Username: Penni

We bought a Mitsubishi CS-40505 back in Jan96 just before the Super Bowl. We paid a little over $3600 for tv and stand at the time. It has survived 3 moves (one across the country) and 4 grandchildren. 11 years of absolulutely no problems. On Fri our picture shrunk to about 4". I called the cable co hoping it was the cable, but the cable tech thought it was the picture tube. After reading the other posts, I figure it is vertical collapse. Assuming I call a TV repair person, how much should I expect to pay to get this repaired? Yes, I know it's time to move on and into new technology, but c'mon, this tv is one in a million.

Username: Secret_service

Fitchburg, Mass. United states

Hi I HAVE A MITSUBISHI 42inch vs50609 television THAT HAS LIME GREEN AND PINK COLORS,With double outline of images. Can anyone help my problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 30
Penni Walpert
....12 years old.....but it is a 40 inch...

Verticl service NJ rates $195 labor parts $85
you carry it.....
Set was a great unit...many still in service...Your problem is fixable BUT...once you touch grandma...you could make more problems...
Picture tube would have to look great before I would invest any money in her....jr

Username: Kxcoop2

Denver, CO USA

There appear to be a lot of people who like the Mitsubishi 40 inch tv. I love it too, but I just got a new HD plasma so I need to sell. Obviously, those that know this behemoth know it can't be shipped, but if you're near Denver, it could be yours for $150 including custom stand.

Username: Dougs94

I have one of these monsters that has a fantastic picture....for about 20 minutes. Then it just shuts off. Turn the power off, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on, and you're good for another 20 minutes. Anybody in the Atlanta area that needs parts??? Make me an offer!!

Username: Opn4bzns

Mount Hope, WV United States

Post Number: 3
After 14 years, March 95, my Mitsubishi 40 inch BABY HUEY still produces a fantastically clear picture. I finally purchased a Mitsubishi 65" DLP new for $1,400 with free delivery. The hi def is beautiful and so sharp. My 40" was in my family room and I had to move it, on it's stand, through the family room, kitchen, dining room and into my office BY MYSELF and I'm 67. Using 3" wooden dowels placed under the stand, I rolled set and stand inch by inch around corners and through rooms to it's new place of honor about five feet from my home office desk. This set is amazing for it's longevity as I will leave it on all day. Hope I go before it does as I don't relish the thought of having to haul it to the dump. Highly recommend the Mitsubishi DLP sets. They will never fade, no burn in and fast moving objects do not blur. The set will stay bright and clear as the first day you turn it on, until the bulb goes in 4 to 7 years and you replace that for $150.00 and have a new set again. Good day to all of you TVholics.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2501

quote:

The set will stay bright and clear as the first day you turn it on, until the bulb goes in 4 to 7 years and you replace that for $150.00 and have a new set again.

Or until you see the picture turn sour, hear a noise and discover you have to replace the color wheel. There's a reason they're giving away those DLP-RPs.

Username: Bongero

my 40505 keeps going off after about 2 minutes and gets a clicking sound for about 40 seconds then all is quiet. after about 3 minutes when unplugged i will turn on and it will do the same thing again. any ideas??bongero@aol.com

Username: Westonperry

I have a 40"Mitsubishi CS-40509 in great shape for sale in South Florida. Please make offer perry.levine@usa.net

Username: Ndirishslm

I have the CS-40503 that has a horizontal hold problem. The screen keeps flipping, but the sound is fine. Does anyone have a solution for this or know where I can find the schematic for this TV? I was once told that it is a problem with PIP and if you jumper that out the problem will be fixed...

Username: Opn4bzns

Mount Hope, WV United States

Post Number: 4
john_s...Or until you see the picture turn sour, hear a noise and discover you have to replace the color wheel. There's a reason they're giving away those DLP-RPs.

Well John, after reading 100's of positive customer reviews on the 65 inch Mitsubishi DLP sets before buying...you're the first to make a complaint. Sorry, I don't believe you when you say that Mitsubishi would purposefully put a defective product on the market and knowingly cheat us. Don't know what you have against this fine company. I have friends that have the 60, 65, 73 and 83inch DLP's and none have reported any problems. Can you tell us where this information you gave us can be found so we can check it out for ourselves? Thanks and have a great day. David

Username: Ulises754

in this set i found a lot of bad caps due to age of the set you probably can replace by your self but i recommend a tv repair man to do-it

Username: Charliet69

i am having a problem with my mit tv cs 40503 i used to get every channel my kids touch something now i only get 6,10, 12 is there a reset buttom or what do i do to get all the channels again

Username: Speakertech

Hello
I have a 40" Tv too
I turned it on today and there was a Picture but NO sound
And Aim getting where the sides arch in when it's cold
Can you Help me

Username: Ravencajun

I have the 40" Mitsubishi with the stand that is made for it. It works great no problems with it.
I am needing to get rid of it simply because of the room it takes up and we now have a 58" plasma.
If anyone is interested in my 40" Mitsubishi and stand and you are in the Houston area or near by and want to drive here to pick it up please respond to this post, I will get the response in my email since I am subscribed to this post.
Raven

Username: Brainbytes

Hampton Bays, New York U.S.A.

I have a 1994 27" (I think it's that size) Mitsubishi CRT TV, and finally, tonight, the unthinkable happened. No sound or image; all I have is a thin, bright, horizontal blue line in the middle of the blackscreen. Any thoughts? Is it really dead? I am in bad financial shape right now and would love to keep it. It turns on, but that's it. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

Username: Desmondb5

I just got a 40 mit and need the remote control email me @ www.romansch719@yahoo.com . Oh I got it used it show great and have great sound , but need the remote.}

Username: Isuclones

I have a working 40" Mitsubishi (CS-40505) in Omaha. Still works great. Haven't really used it much the last few years after buying a couple of plasmas. Free to anyone that wants to give it a loving home.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us