Samsung 46in DLP will not light new lamp. what next??

Username: Tlgeirna

Jacksonville, Illinois United States

Post Number: 1
Hey all am new to this forum. I am trying to get to the bottom of an issue with my Samsung DLP tv Model # HLS 4666WX/XAA version PB01. My issue started all of the sudden with no crazy or weird noises. It worked fine one day but the next day it turned on as normal but after 2 minutes the lamp shut off and about 30 seconds later the sound stopped. Then got the dreaded 3 flashin lights. First step was a new OEM phillips lamp and clearing of the hours as well as a cleaning with a can of compressed air. It was not too bad at all with dust. After installing new Lamp the TV did exact same thing for a few attempts and light lit for 2minutes and then flickered off but now will not fire the lamp at all. The TV will now power on instantly when I plug it in but will not respond to the remote or if i manually push switch to turn it on. The LAMP never lights at any point now. After searching this site and many others I checked the Detector switch and thermostat. I bypassed each with a small wire but still have the same symptoms. My next guess would be the ballast. Is there anything else I can check to save my set? I get a steady 335V from the power board to the ballast. All capacitors look good on power board with no swelling at all. All fans in working order as well. It has a great picture and dont want to drop cash on a new set or add to a landfill if this can be fixed with some troubleshooting. Hate to just throw parts at it without knowing for sure what the issue may be. From what I have learned it may be the digital board has gone bad. If so are those still available for this model?? Thanks in advance!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us