Astra 1N at 28.2°E

Bronze Member
Username: Shehzadkamal

Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 45
Is it possible to watch BBC channels which are free to air on Sat Astra 1N at 28.2°E in USA and Canada.
I have checked on LyngSat it says Astra 1N at 28.2°E is below horizon, what does that mean.....

Bronze Member
Username: Jr_crow

Post Number: 33
All geostationary satellites orbit the Earth equatorial (in an east-west circle) at a height of approximately 22,237 miles. At this height they orbit the Earth at the same speed as its rotation, so they appear stationary to a ground observer. This orbit is called the Clarke Belt and is named after science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke who first published the concept of artificial geostationary satellites in 1945. Communications, television, and weather satellites like the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES) are found in the Clarke belt. A major advantage of geostationary satellites is that the communications dish on the ground need not move to track the satellite. A disadvantage is that geostationary satellites are subject the same period of night as the ground beneath them, making them a very poor choice for imaging satellites.

Upload

In other words it means that the signal will not travel thur he earth east-west

C/P
Forget those bulky antennas that go on your roof. I got one from Monoprice.com in US, under $20, it is indoor or outdoor, with 20db amp. I just put in my basement for now so cables aren't everywhere, and picked up 28 channels in Scarborough.I got everything above except 11-1, 23-1, but I am also getting 32-3,39-5,51-1,51-2,51-3. But kids/wife don’t want to give up cable because they want CP24, YTV & Family…Argo…

I live in the USA, with an outdoor Antenna I pickup over
45 Channels including BBC.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16723
SHEHZAD KAMAL

Astra 1N is on 28,2 east and you can only get this sattelite in Europe then you can get only 5 to 160 degrees west satellites position!

But you can try to get this channel on your PC with a little search!

Silver Member
Username: Mememememe

Post Number: 182
SHEHZAD KAMAL Be careful of what you tell plymouth cause he has been known to do this .......Upload
Upload

GET THE PICTURE ???

Bronze Member
Username: Code69

Post Number: 49
plymouth sucks off log off

Silver Member
Username: Mememememe

Post Number: 360
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video