Proscan TV dead & ticking

Username: Lelia5150

Post Number: 1
I have a large proscan tv that suddenly died while we were watching it. It will not turn on and has since made a tick-tick-tick noise. I have left it unplugged for three days now and it is still ticking...I'm ready to call it dead and get rid of it but I'm afraid no one is going to come haul a ticking piece of electronic equipment away. Is this a fire hazard? Will it stop eventually? Help!

Username: Simple_man

Post Number: 1
I also have a 1996 model Proscan rear projection doing the same thing. After it's on an hour or so, it starts making a loud, rapid ticking sound and turns itself off. It comes back on by itself but then ticks again and goes back off. This repeats 4 or 5 times then it shut down completely.

I took the cover off the back and watched while it was acting up. Two things observed: 1.The blue CRT goes on and off in time with the ticking 2. About every third time it shuts down there is a snapping sound and a flash coming from what looks to be a circuit breaker on the board.

When the problem first began I thought something may have been overheating so I put a small fan behind the TV, blowing into the back of the chassis. It went from shutting off in an hour or less to staying on for 5-6 hours before acting up.

I really like this TV and would like to keep it going if possible. Any Ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us