Vizio 32 inch HDTV

Username: Shannon1191

Post Number: 1
I have a 32inch Vizio HDTV that I've had for about 2 years now and it's been working really good until 2 days ago it stopped working and I cant figure out why.

It will power up but then immediately shuts off. I got it to work today but the back is extremely hot. I was reading something online about it maybe being a broken cooling fan?

Does anyone think this sounds right and is this something I could fix? I called the tech support and they said it would cost me 325$ to fix! The tv only cost me 425!
Help please!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2294
Sounds like:: 'Welcome to the world of disposible electronics'.

IF and only IF you have a real handy friend you MAY want to try just seeing if it really IS the fan? Dust will clog them and 2 years sounds about right.
I am running my TV with fan on 'high' to help out that situation. When I turned it up, some dust came out.

Overheating is a disaster for electronics. You MAY be able to loosen it up with a good external vacuuming, concentrating on any venting?

When I get my NEW set, I'm going to sew up a dust cover and USE it when not in use.

Username: Shannon1191

Post Number: 2
ok thanks

I am someone who knows nothing about tvs so when you say you are running your TV with fan on high, how do I run my tv with my fan on high? I will try the vacuuming. Do you think dust buildup could cause the tv to shut off like that?

thanks for your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us