Toshiba LCOS is no longer in production!!!

NeilR
Just an FYI...i just got a call from "One Call" and they have been notified that Toshiba is (and i quote) "scrapping" LCOS at this time. Would like to have verification on that from Toshiba. Has anyone else heard anything?

EK
Bummer. I've been waiting for this set to come out, obviously for a while. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm or deny this.
-E

NeilR & EK, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's true - none of the manufacturers are able to get any more of the 1080p 3-chip sets out of Japan. They don't seem to be able to get any economies of scale and price point will increase, rather than decrease. I talked with the rep at length and was informed that Toshiba has lost mega-millions in lost LCOS orders for 2004. But... the good news is that Tweeters is unloading the last of their 57HLX82's. Check your local Tweeters and have them check for out-of-the-box inventory at their service locations. Not all of these will be floor models. I bought two for $3,650 each + 349.99 for a 5-year warranty. Not a bad deal considering it's half price of original retail and still brand new..hehe!

Anonymous
I wouldn't buy an old one since everyone I know has had problems and they were offered a refund or one of the new models that have not come.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us