VCR Recording

Username: Shannama

Seattle, Wa USA

Post Number: 1
I have an Insignia NS-DVDVCR and a Westinghouse SK-19H210S tv. I can watch dvd's and vcr tapes, but I can't record from my basic tv. When I try to record all I get is a blue screen. I do not have a cable box to connect anything to and my vcr doesn't allow me to change channels on it. Would an s-video cable fix this? There's a place to connect one on my vcr/dvd that says s-video out and a corresponding connection on my tv.}

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1840
­
Shannon, by now you have probably found out that your Insignia doesn't have a tuner. The only thing it's good for is playing DVDs and tapes. If that Westinghouse TV has A/V line outputs you could record from those, but the TV will have to be powered up and you can't watch anything else at the same time.
­

Username: Jimjams

Mobile, AL U.S.

Have a Magnavox VCR model MVR4440 I am trying to use for surveillance recording...can't figure out how to reset for 8hr tape or EP mode...any suggestions?

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1984
­
Jim, the speed selector should be on the VCR's remote. If you don't have the original remote control, you'll have to find a suitable replacement because there's no other way to change the record speed.

Only T-160 cassettes will yield 8 hours record time on the SLP (EP) record speed.

Username: Lily_m

I have a sanyo VCR,it's a VHR-M467 model, to wich I have lost the user's mannuel. Iwas wondering if you can program the recording so it'll start on it's own. And if so how to do it.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2069
­
Lily, hopefully you didn't lose the VCR's original remote control. That remote has a "PROGRAM" button on it that brings up the on-screen programming you need for timer recording.

Can you set the clock to the correct time?

Username: Davisgilbert

I've just hooked up my digital to analog converter box MicroGem2000 to my outside antenna, then to my Toshiba W-528 VCR, which is then hooked up to my Sharp TV (model #27F543). Though the HD reception (as well as range of "new" stations) is impressive, here is my problem: I cannot program my VCR to record the HD stations. When I set the VCR to record it brings in the non-HD channels, which are barely viewable.

Is there some way to program the VCR to capture the HD images? Thanks for your help in this vexing matter.

G.R.Davis

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3876
Connect the converter box to the VCR with RCA cables and set the VCR to line.

Username: Gimo

Grants pass, or, Or

david? or anyone how do you get RCA vhs vcr+ accu search fourhead video system to record in the longer 4hour or 6 hour taping mode? I cant get the button that says TAPE SPEED to do anything?? Not sure how to work it?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4315
You might need a blank tape in the VCR to change speeds.

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 766
Why are you folks even interested? Get a dvr for crying out loud!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us