Bronze Member
Username: Blackman

Saint john, Nb Canada

Post Number: 11
is it down on ultra

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 533
To get WF going again, load 624 bin and update WF and you are good to go. Enjoy TV with WF.....

Username: Breezelow

Buda, Texas USA

Post Number: 6
MAXHD is down as of yesterday. Charlie up to his old tricks with an ECM. I've read that all the VS weather forecasters are totally down. Will need a new o/s higher than 616 to get channels back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 535
breezelow, just follow the instructions in the above thread. VS + WF is working great on 624 bin......

Buda, Texas USA

Post Number: 9
Thanks for the advice lroy, but 624 "bin" is not for the VS MAXHD. Many others reporting all other VS's are down. I've been searching several other sites and that what I'm getting. What mod. rec. are you using?

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
Breezeblow this is the 624 for the HDMAX
http://www.ftacp.com/PFTAHDMSW-100624HM.zip

Buda, Texas USA

Post Number: 10
lroy, I did find a 624 for the vs maxhd, tried it and it don't work at all either. Looks like will have to wait for new file after the 624 from VS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
Did you update WF after loading 624..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19253
If having trouble, do 616, 624 and then update WF

Bronze Member

Buda, Texas USA

Post Number: 11
Yeah, did all the procedures, exactly as recomended by many other sites too and nothing. Seems other rec. are working just not the VS MAXHD looking at 119 and 110. I don't care to try for bev programming. Will have to wait on new PEG file from VS. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Bronze Member

Texas USA

Post Number: 14
leroy tipit and/or nydas. I have stopped trying for a working VS MAXHD pointed at 110 and 119 (dn only) with any of PEG files 100614, 100616 and 100624 until anyone can tell me, with these particulars, your getting normal channels at this time. (The other 3 VS rec.'s may work.) Do you?
I am convinced VS will need to release another updated working PEG file after 100624 to fix the ECM of friday.
Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
YOU MAY HAVE A DEFECTIVE WF, IF THAT IS THE CASE, LOAD THE 614, UPDATE WF THEN LOAD 624 AND REMEMBER TO UPDATE WF AGAIN, AND YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING TV. TRY THAT AND GIVE A FEEDBACK. I PREVIOUSLY HAD A PROBLEM WITH WF AND THAT WAS HOW SAME WAS FIXED.

http://www.satfix.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4542&d=1276717045

http://www.satfix.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4648&d=1277373210

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19265
My general impression is that a lot of people have had and are having trouble with 624 and VS MAXHD. However, by patiently working in a precise sequence of loads (see post above) most seem to have got going.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 351
There is a new file (6/27) for the weatherforcaster. Try that one.

Bronze Member
Username: Sat22

Post Number: 38
Hi guys,

I'm interested in the VS WF for my Ultra. I'd like to get some feedback from those of you who have been using it. How reliable, downtime, freezing, ECM, etc..Also are both Bev & DN open except PPV ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
Ultra + WF running good on DN and B3V with 627 bin. No freezing.

Bronze Member

Texas USA

Post Number: 23
I finally got mine working roy. Thanks for all the contributions at this thread. Lots of great suggestions. It was really tricky. Anyone else still having trouble check out my "now working" thread.

Silver Member
Username: Tasmanian_satellite

Post Number: 109
will WF work on viewsat lite and will it work today should i purchase one.thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us