Only 1 copy allowed??????

Username: 440man

Bristol, VA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC from my local cable provider. I wanted to record the latest Barrett Jackson auctions to DVD but got a message that it was copyprotected or something to that effect, although I was able to record it onto the DVR. I was told by Speed TV that you were only allowed one copy of this program and that since I had a DVR, that counted as the 1 copy. The DVR copy doesn't do me any good as I want to watch the programs in my shop on a DVD player. So...
1) Is anyone familiar with this type thing, know ways around it etc.
2) Is it possible to run a cable from a DVR in one room to a tv in another room to watch the recorded programs without moving the DVR?
Sorry for the long post.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 281
Looking at the owner's manual of this DVR, it has various video outputs.

You probably have your HDTV connected to the HDMI out because it gives you the best video quality.

I am not sure how long of a video cable you can use to connect to any of the video outputs before the video signal degrades.

If you have an old VCR try connecting it up to OUT2 on the back of the DVR to LINE1 IN on the VCR. Set the VCR to channel LINE1 and set the timer to record when the program is on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us