Best DVD Recorder or PC TV Card to record SD Soccer games?

Username: Messias

Post Number: 1
Hi!

I have a regular directv receiver (Not DVR/HD) and I would like to record some soccer games in the best possible quality and resolution. what is the best solution and the cheap solution?

I dont want to get the directv DVR because it is expensive :P

years ago I bought a WinTV Plus PCI card for my computer but it could only record 320x240 videos! so the video was very small, and i could make it bigger on the player but it had no good quality when resized, so this time i wanna try a DVD recorder or something similar HDD recorder maybe.

I want to record the game and then tranfer the movie to my computer so i can edit, and upload some goals to youtube, but i would like the best quality for SD.
i hope it is not very expensive, maybe Todays new TV Capture cards are better ?

Thank you for your time.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4154
You're a few years late for a good DVD recorder. The good ones are gone, unless you want to import one from another country where they still sell decent ones. There's ebay but since the good ones have been gone for about 3 years anything good on there is a little old for a standalone DVD recorder. From my experience going back to 2001, standalone recorders don't last very long.

Bronze Member
Username: Sam267

Post Number: 14
Can someone please help. I have had a Samsung DVD/VCR Recorder VR320 for a few years. The DVD will no longer record (I get a message saying "System Error Is Found") and and then the unit turns itself off. I cannot turn it back on unless I unplug the unit and then plug it back in. I have tried leaving it unplugged for 30 minutes and it does not fix the problem. I tried to work a rounded by copying onto the VCR on the dual unit and then copying from the VCR to the DVD but the DVD will not copy anymore from the VCR. I called Samsung and they told me to send it to them for repair. I don't think it's worth repairing and I'm not sure it's worth it. I've noticed on the threads that there are no longer any reliable DVD recorders on the market. I do have a DVR from the cable company I am using but I want to continue to copy onto a DVD for archiving and to free up space on the DVR. I have an analog TV which accepts component video audio and S-video. But it does not have HDMI or USB ports. The DVR does have both an S-Video and a USB port. I do not have a DVD burner on my home computer. I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations about either repairing the DVD recorder I have or which brand and model number DVD recorder I could purchase in this country to record from cable and DVR that would be a reasonably priced replacement for the one that is broken?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us