Samsung HLP4667wx troubles

Username: Tom718

Post Number: 1
I've posted this already... I think... But can't seem to find it any more so here it goes again. Sorry for the double post if there is one.

Great site Guys... Heres my problem. I have a samsung HLP4667wx under two years old. The unit will fire up for about a min or two then power down. I get the three light flashing on the front display. I've already replaced the Lamp and color wheel. Great job guys. The repairs went smooth... Very smooth... Now I have it back together and it's still doing the same thing. My question is, is there a way to trouble shoot the ballast? This will be my next purchase. I've noticed with the back cover off and taped up door switch that the lamp failed once before the tv shut off, then the 2nd time the screen went black and then the lamp shut off and the unit powered down. I need some tech info no how to trouble shoot the differce between problems with the ballast and dmd board or possable something else? Again great job and thanks for the help.

I've also noticed that the set hardly ever fires the lamp. But every once in awhile will.

What you guys think.

Thanks again.

Tom718

Username: Jaymora2009

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 6
the issue seems to be with the ballast as you are stating, and i have a couple of questions to ask you with this: do you hear any rapid clicking noises when you turn on the TV or also noises such as humming or buzzing? if your answer is yes you will need to replace the lamp, now also what needs to be consider and i did not noticed if it was posted on your comment is about resetting the lamp timer on your TV and here is a guide on how to do it: http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2007/02/15/resetting-your-samsung-dlp-lamp-hour-meter- counter/

good luck with your issue....

Username: Jaymora2009

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 7
the issue seems to be with the ballast as you are stating, and i have a couple of questions to ask you with this: do you hear any rapid clicking noises when you turn on the TV or also noises such as humming or buzzing? if your answer is yes you will need to replace the lamp, now also what needs to be consider and i did not noticed if it was posted on your comment is about resetting the lamp timer on your TV and here is a guide on how to do it: http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2007/02/15/resetting-your-samsung-dlp-lamp-hour-meter- counter/?Click=52977
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us