Need anteena setup dorDN's original dish for 119 and 118

Bronze Member
Username: Shehzadkamal

Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 37

I need anteena settings for 118 and 119 if you want to use DN's own equipment whaich is I guess Dual Lnb .....I dont have 33 " dish ..Can I use DN's already installed dish.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15858
The usual DN LNBs are for 110 and 119W combo. You will see two eyes on them.
The 118/119 combo is a special dish whether DN or the other market, and you must buy it knowing it is a dish for 118/119. Once you know it is meant for 118/119, then a setting of LNB type Dishpro or Universal and LNB frequency of 10750 or 9750-10750, and do a blind scan.
The other problem is the Dish size. IT HAS TO BE at least 30" preferrable 33".
You can buy a combo 33" dish and the special 118/119 LNB for as low as $60.

Bronze Member
Username: Lerika

Post Number: 15
I have 36'' Starchoice dish, but after noon 119 chanels started disapear and at 7 pm all of them stop to work. 118 chanels are fine any time, I use 118/119 LNB.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15866
Lera Les
Which box do you have? At present the problem usually is in the IKS service for the receiver you have.

Bronze Member
Username: Lerika

Post Number: 16
Kbox Pro. Thank Nalin for answering.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
thanks Nalin for your intrest...now what my question is that I want to use the same dish which is already installed..if I can get internationals on that dish.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15868
If you have a 33" dish and a special LNB for 118/119, kbox has a lot of channels there. You should be able to pick up a lot of channels, except when the kbox service is down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39

Actually I was up n running in Toronto....with SV and a 33 " ..but I came to penselvania some where in the country side and I wanna run my SV over here on DN'S equipment..and I am not able to find a 33 " in this area so I would rather use already installed dish which is I guess 27 inches..or whatever......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15871
YOU WILL NOT GET 118 USING 27" DISH

Bronze Member
Username: Tulipe

Post Number: 87
nalin stfu . guys some location dont need biger dish . i use the old dish 500 i replaced the lnb for 119 . i got fair signal. i can have all channels. check before buying spending money on equipemnt

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 476
cccccccccccccc.........

u new idiot, hey........

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3293
Pest you trying to make new friends?

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 478
gregi, old boy......

I have no pics now for u, may be later.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
pest control . based on what you judge someone new here. my registration . hhahahahhha u made laughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. stfu i started this site . since no fta was on market u morron . welcome to the game here

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
hinestly nalin is suggesting somethin that he only read but he never trest it . he still have pansat2500 . he never used these sats. if someone is on the east try to change your lnb using only old dish 500. and if u dont get 118 then nalin is right he is whatever he wanna be ok . deal? go ahead and do it

Username: Sump

Post Number: 4
SHEHZAD KAMAL

what is the exact DN dish that you have now ?

1000.2 1000.4 ?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15876
cccccccccccccc
has asked in this forum at least four times in the last month, about not getting some 118 channels.

The bottom line is:

YOU WILL NOT GET 118 USING 27" DISH IN NORTH AMERICA.

YOU NEED AT LEST A 30" DISH.

PUTTING IT DIFFERENTLY
500 OR 1000 DISH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

YOU NEED 500 PLUS OR 1000 PLUS

QED

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15878
Particularly if you are using a generally available generic LNB for 118/119, you need a 30-33" Dish
The actual DN LNB for 118/119 is a bit more sensitive and will get you some channels, but why quibble, when you can get a 33" dish and a 118/119 LNB for a mere $60? I know for certain that this combo works all across North America.
Sometime people install something they think it is for 118/119, but since they are mostly watching 119 channels, they think they have got everything right. The proof of the pudding is in getting all TPs under 11750

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10630
Nalin is right!

It's possible to get 118 with a 18" but the lower frequencies channels will not come.
You must buy a bigger dish and you will not lose the signal if a little rain fall.

East coast USA

Post Number: 7
since some are learning ....

110 & 119 use a linear polarity LNB's

the 118 LNB must be a circular Polarity

so you have some choices

setup separate dish with circular LNB and point it @ 118.7 as the "normal" DN LNBs are linear

if you have 2 single (separate) LNBs take off the 119 LNB and replace it with a dual polarity LNB
which is capable of receiving both linear and circular signals, thus receiving both 119 & 118.7

the dish size i am not sure about so i will leave that part to the more experience testers .. but i am going to be researching for myself.

http://www.kboxsales.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40

Okay Nalin and all other participanats.....thanks for your advise ..I am gonna back to Toronto...and will be watching all the delicious programming back there.....I already have 33 "........and by the way when is SV going to crack N3 in the full version......

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10631
sump

You are blind my friend

110,119 and 118.7 use Circular LNB but 118.7 use the same frequency than Linear.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15879
sump:
You said, "110 & 119 use a linear polarity LNB's "
This is the most ridiculous statement I have heard in a very long time. You should not attempt to teach people when you yourself do not have the foggiest idea about types of LNBs used.
Almost all the KU band LNBs are circular LNBs. The 118/119 LNB simple uses a lower frequecny to get the channels, but the LNB is a circular LNB for both 118 and 119.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15880
sump:
You said, "110 & 119 use a linear polarity LNB's "
This is the most ridiculous statement I have heard in a very long time. You should not attempt to teach people when you yourself do not have the foggiest idea about types of LNBs used.
Almost all the KU band LNBs are circular LNBs. The 118/119 LNB simple uses a lower frequecny to get the channels, but the LNB is a circular LNB for both 118 and 119.
I think you should get your fact together before posting and costing somebody a lot of money.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3296
Your one to talk about costing people money. How many recievers have you fried?

Bronze Member

East coast USA

Post Number: 11
i stand corrected

Silver Member
Username: Plymouth_glasser

Post Number: 146
Nalin.....This is the most ridiculous statement I have heard in a very long time.

Not me I have heard one better then that....they made one HD Dish
tell them Nalin

Silver Member
Username: Det

Post Number: 112
ok i got an original dish network reciver. can i use it if i got a smart card? and where can i get a smart card wit every channel includin Asian Channels like ZEETV or ATN Bangla? and the most common question of all will i get the channels for free?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us