Is SV IHUB freezing all the time

Username: Dchorseshoe

Post Number: 3
i got the sv 8000hd with the ihub .....just set it up today and it is freezing all the time is it me or is it the file that is causing it to do that??

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10081
danny

The I-hub experiment many freezing, but it will be your Internet connection which is not faster enough.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 526
Plymouth.... nonsense again.

Even a very slow telephone internet connection at 28 kilobits per seconds would be fast enough for the hub. Remember the other side of the hub is a serial port at 9600 bits per second !!!!

Internet connection has nothing to do with it.

Post Number: 4
i have a 6 Meg internet connection!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10085
The Outer Limits

""nonsense again"

How you can talk of a think that you don't have?

I can say to you that:
When the internet rush like a friday night, my receiver freeze, but this is the over trafic on the net.

Another thing, if the server who provide the keys to the receiver is surcharged with a slow connection you don' t get the packet needed in time for keep your receiver up.

Note that I have a 8 Mbites and real 6.2 Mbites connection.

Please list others nonsense from me!

Silver Member

Post Number: 534
Plymouth you told Danny (second message in this thread) his internet connection was too slow. This is nonsense period.

I don't need a Hub on hands to figure out it is a RS232 to Ethernet converter. I also know the serial port behind all the FTA receivers are not designed to go over 9600 bits per second. Even if you had Gigabit Internet, it would not accelerate the iHub a damn bit. The serial side of the hub cannot go over 9600 bits per seconds. Even if it could go at 110 kilobits (some RS232 connection can do it) well the an intermediate Internet connection at 256kbits would do the job.

Internet activity cannot slow down server connection activities. It is the server that is not capable to handle the trafic or worse, the Internet connection to that server that is insufficient.

Wait until millions get these hubs. Their servers will stall to a dead stop. Leaving millions with dead hubs !!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 535
Oh by the way... the only way Internet gets slowed down is if you are using a cable modem provider like Cogeco or Videotron. Well known fact.

DSL or ADSL Internet providers do not suffer these cable modem bottlenecks at nights.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10088
I told danny "it will be the internet connection" without knowing his internet speed, now he confirm all telling about I-hub freezing.

""Wait until millions get these hubs. Their servers will stall to a dead stop. Leaving millions with dead hubs !!!!"""

It depend of the server, the packet are send in real time for many users and not on ask.

I used ADSL and now Cable and the speed is exactly the same, a real 6.2 Mbites, but the cable is more stable and take less time for the test,

So for IKS it give less freezing.

Post Number: 5
so is it me that the freezing is happening too ...............or is it everyone sv 8000hd

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10090
Everyone on Sonicview!

Gold Member
Username: Lol

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, , ADMIN TO BAN YOU

Post Number: 1595
danny : what are your settings in ipconfig

static ??

use dns -yes ??

both ports point to 1920 ??

very little freezing

Post Number: 6
my settings are

dhcp
local port 1920
use dns yes
domain name w w w.svftaiks.com
server port 1920

freezing every 30 sec help!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Bugster999

Katy, Tx

Post Number: 176
I have an elite and it freezes a lot as well I am setup the same as you.

Post Number: 7
i there a way to make it stop freezing .................am i doing something wrong??????

Bronze Member
Username: Blue313

Post Number: 70
Freezing is expected as it is still in the Beta stage, they're still trying to work out the problems before coming out of beta testing. Today it's been performing much better with micro freezing instead of long black outs. Some channels work better than others, but overall things are getting better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us