Need help with Samsung Model DLP HLR5067WAX/XAA

Username: Live4life464

Post Number: 1
Samsung Model DLP HLR5067WAX/XAA

This tv has had the lamp replaced 2x last time being under a year ago. The problem is that when it is plugged into the wall outlet, the tv is turning on and off and on and off and on and off etc.. every couple of seconds. What could case this? When it powers up the lamp light flashes but then goes off in a second, but it has always done this.
any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2627
If it has 'always done this' I must ask if it was purchased new, did you let the manufacturer / service know?
I suspect a stuck relay or switch. Constant cycling on /off as you describe will kill a lamp in NO time.

I was on holiday in Vegas. We were in a nice suite at a condo. The TV? Turned itself on / off at odd hours. The first time, getting woken to the TV being on spooked me. I simply unplugged to keep it off. The staff told me 'we thought we got all those fixed' which implied to me that when they bought the sets for the rooms, most had that problem. It would turn itself off, too....
If it's a known issue, they should fix it free.....but don't count on it.
In any event, get it to a technician, unless you are comfortable tearing into a TV and replacing parts.

Username: Live4life464

Post Number: 2
When saying "it has always done this", I was meaning that the lamp light signal on the front of the tv flashes when powering up, then goes away once on. Unless it was a bad lamp then all of the lights are on on the front of the tv. TV was purchased new but it never did the cycling on and off until recently. I have replaced the lamp myself with no issues, that part is extremely easy.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2633
My SONY RPTV lamp light flashed while it was 'lighting' the lamp. I think that's normal. Lamp changes ARE easy. Just don't touch the glass, at all.

The set should NOT, of course, cycle itself on/off. It doesn't sound healthy for the lamp, either.

Have someone look at the relay. Once the set senses the lamp is on, it should 'latch'.

Find a good tech. Unless, that is, someone has the magic bullet fix for you and can tell you exactly which board to change. Are you comfortable taking something like this apart? Lots of detail and a bunch of little connectors!

Username: Johndan

Post Number: 1
I have this set, HLR5067WAX/XAA. The Component video connections are having problems. The picture will cut out when the picture displays light colors, white, yellow and so forth. The picture returns when the screen move to a less light picture. Sound may or may not cut out. If the picture is light for more than a few seconds, the television displays messages indicating no connections. If the picture is light with some color, the screen will show frames flipping, until colors darken. Any ideas before I proceed purchasing and swopping out parts? The single HDMI port is fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us