Copy DVD movies with copyright

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through January 11, 2006Allieisasweety100

happyg
Unregistered guest
ok, im a complete novice at this but i have a Lite-on LTR-34102B burner, now, i know it burns cds but i just dont know if it will allow me to copy onto the computer a movie/dvd... i just dont want to download all the software and then to find out it doesnt even recognise dvds. any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2108
That model number doesn't come up anywhere. The front of the tray should say if it's a DVD-ROM or DVD burner.

Username: Kooolguy64

Post Number: 1
I really need some help. I want to burn copyrighted dvds, so i can watch them on my dvd player. I have a dvd burner on my computer, but it isnt dual layer. I need a program that lets me get through the copyrighted stuff so i can burn the dvd. If you no of anything i can download plz tell me.

Anonymous

i have downloaded movies on bearshare and i would like to burn them, i have a burner and nero burning program but they are not compatible and i need to know what to do

VERY IMPORTANT
Unregistered guest
i have downloaded movies on bearshare and i would like to burn them, i have a burner and nero burning program but they are not compatible and i need to know what to do

Anonymous

I have Easy DVD Shrink and Nero. I cant seem to transfer the burned image from Shrink to Nero. Any ideas. Thank You

Neurotec
Unregistered guest
Thank you all. Had the same problems a few times now and this thread really helped.

DVD Region worked for me when I got the follow error.

"the read failed because the sector is encrypted"

All works now. :-)

Thanks

Wtf
Unregistered guest
god damn... anyone heard of not stealing a person's topic

Username: Pti

Post Number: 2
then to reduce the size of dvd to standart 4435G, you may use NeroVisionExpress, it the best dvd ripping program, i've tried, as you can cut, combine dvds, make 1 dvd from 2 disks, or split 1 dvd to 2. try official nero site,they always have fresh evaluation copies there. and you may use nero after that to copy film on blanc dvd.
if someone needs more detail discription, please ask

Electrnicly Challngd
Unregistered guest
What software do I need to burn DVDs that I've downloaded from my laptop? I downloaded my fav tv shows on my laptop (hp) and want to burn them. Any suggestions?

jmlenar
Unregistered guest
Ok so let me summarize this i have dvd region, it automatialy puts my downloaded dvds on my harddrive then i srink those and then i can burn them is this correct

jmlenar
Unregistered guest
Also where will these files show up on my hard drive under where,
PS: If answering any of my 2 questions refer to my name jmlenar so i know your talking to me
Thanks so much

Gold Member

Post Number: 2149
Use DVD Decrypter to rip to the HD. When you use Shrink click open files, select the drive you ripped the disc to in Decrypter. Use Decrypter to burn, if you want to delete the image automatically, check the delete the image in ISO write under tools. When you click backup in Shrink, there will be a pulldown where you can select ISO image file and burn with Decrypter, it will automatically open Decrypter and burn the disc.The original rip will be in ISO write and can be easily deleted.

jmlenar
Unregistered guest
decrypter will decrypte dvds that i own but not downloaded movies so i need to know how the put them into format so i can burn them

Unregistered guest
My husband bought me a DVDR for christmas. The problem is I can record home videos but not others. I've tried recording my daughters VHS disney to DVD and I get a recording error. Can anyone help??

Anonymous

I want to delete my email address that I put out there. Anyone know how I can do that? I'm a unregistered guest. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2162
Jennifer, you need a stabilizer. Everything you need to know is here.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/42269.html

You can get a stabilizer from MCM Electronics for $20 plus shipping.
http://site.mcminone.com/search.asp?keyword=digital+video+stabilizer&btnSubmit.x =12&btnSubmit.y=8&cookie%5Ftest=1

JenniferR
Unregistered guest
David, I have the DVDR combo from Emmerson. Will this stabilizer work for this unit? Also I've been reading that the picture quality will be poor on these units, is that true? And how poor is poor? It is only for our family to watch anyways, its not like we are having celebrities over. Thanks for your input

Gold Member

Post Number: 2165
With a combo, you need a seperate VCR. I haven't used an Emerson, so I don't know about the quality. They are at the bottom end of recorders, so the quality probably isn't as good as more expensive recorders. All the VHS to DVD transfers I've done look considerably better on DVD. I've done them with 2 different Panasonics and a JVC.

JenniferR
Unregistered guest
David, So there is no other way around the combo without having to hook up a separate VCR?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2172
no

JenniferR
Unregistered guest
That sucks! Really no reason to even buy the combo unless it is to do just home videos. Nice gift but kind of useless. Thank you for the info.

Anonymous

all i want to know is how to put downloaded movies into format so they can then be burned or srunk then burned or whatever just tell me the steps

Thanks

John454
Unregistered guest
hi, i wanna backup my DVD videos to a harddivr but since they are copyrighted i cant? can any1 tell me how i can do it..( i need instructions,i dont want to damage the DVD)

John454
Unregistered guest
hi, i wanna backup my DVD to a hard drive but since they are copyrighted i cant? can any1 tell me how i can do it..( i need instructions,i dont want to damage the DVD)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2193
DVD Decrypter, either file or ISO read mode, depending on what you want to do with it.

Username: Sweetpea42

I have been copying a few dvd movies and I find that when I play them in my dvd player that they are freezing or skipping in spots...the original movie does not do this. I use 1click dvd and dvd43...is there a better program out there to prevent this or am i doing something wrong. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2201
Most pausing and skipping is caused by poor quality media. Try better quality discs. I personally don't use anything but Taiyo Yuden discs.

Anonymous

try getting a good dvd player one with divx also use good dvd-r a namebrand one not the crappy cheap ones

rman
Unregistered guest
to john 854 go to anydvd.com you pay for it but i guarantee you its worth it

Anonymous

just a quick question, ive tried burning a dvd movie from 6.7gig to 4.7gig but nero only allows 4.5gig, thats the max i can push it.. also dvd clone says it will compress it to 4.4gig but it can only do max 5.3gig?? any help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2222
Use DVD Shrink.

Anonymous

shrink only makes it 4.7, not 4.5 cant shrink it anymore than that =/

Gold Member

Post Number: 2228
Shrink can do it to any size you want. Click edit, preferences, and set to whatever size you want. It will automatically shrink to fit a disc without changing anything. It will do discs larger than 6.7, no problem.

Anonymous

ok well i did goto edit and put it down to 4460mb, but in the top right coner its saying
4,460mb4,790mb(with red tab under it) meaning it cant fit.

and even though ive set it to be 4,460mb it wants to still burn it at 4,790? im confused wat to do from here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2240
The only way I know that a disc that size would have red is if you have the compression settings set to no compression, or you're using custom ratio and have it too high. Shrink will do 8+ gigs, 6.7 shouldn't be a problem.

Anonymous

Downloaded DVDs now i want to burn them how do i do this.
Please Help

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how/where I can find how to bypass the Sony Copyright protection on DVD`s?

Want to back up one of my daughters

Any suggestions would be great

Gold Member

Post Number: 2260
DVD Decrypter. If you can still find it, get it now, most sites have pulled it.

Anonymous

Just downloaded a movie, when i go to burn it with nero it says wrong format, what should i do.

virtual alan
Unregistered guest
Already got DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink....can burn everything single part of the DVD but the movie track.....

Any other ideas??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2282
Have you run the disc through Decrypter in file mode first? You need version 3.5.4.0 of Decrypter, the last version, for arcos protection.

Username: Jimmy_burdick

someone please help me,im trying to burn dvds so they play on my home dvd player,i have nero 6 dvd shrink and also dvd decrypter,what the hell am i doing wrong,any help would be appreciated.thank you

Anonymous

I have read all of the posts here in hopes to find a spisific answer to my problem, I am not "hip" to all of the terms etc, so maybe I'm missing the obviouse answer.

We just bought a lighton LVW-11O1/1105 series dvd recorder.

I have been able to make back up copies of my VHS tapes that have seen better days, but like so many can't make copies of some, manly paramount and disney videos. And none of my dvd's that I also need as back up with the kids scratches etc, have been able to record.

I see everyone is talking about downloading software etc, but is this posible since it's a dvd recorder that is NOT conected to the computer, just to my vcr/dvd player, and the recorder.

How can you bypass the signal or what ever sent to the self contaned recorder that is not conected to a computer?

And if you can help me, simple non techy lingo would be great.

Thanks so much this sight is great.

Anonymous

Just downloaded a movie, when i go to burn it with nero it says wrong format, so your saying use decrypter 354 to fix this

Username: Koolguy729

Jamison, Pennsylvania United state...

hey i need to make copies of some dvd for my family members....and im really confused on what to do, which the crypting, the imaging, and the burning process, and what programs to use...i have dvd decrypter, dvd shrink, and alcohol 120....so if anyone could email me with step-by-step directions on how to do this thatd be awesome.

Username: Iilovepiink

FL

Post Number: 6
I downloaded the DVD decrypter and burned a movie onto a 4.7 gb dvd-R. however, the movie burned with the commentary over the dialogue, in the preview it didnt have this problem! Help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2315
Select the main audio track on the player.

plum
Unregistered guest
I'm backing up dvds in shrink to a 4.7gb dvd-R, I've burned(with shrink and nero) many times before, but recently have run into the problem of not being able to set the custom ratio to make it less then 4.7gbs. Am I over looking something in Shrink that allows me to make the file compressed to less then or equal to 4.7gbs without going into the red. I also don't want to delete subpicture or audio if possible. Any suggestions would help.

Unregistered guest
I have 1Click DVD Copy software running with decryption program DVD43 Ver 3.7.0.113 and up to a few months ago I could copy any DVD in the market. Lately I have been having problems with some DVDs like Stealth, The Cave, Bewitched, The Legend of Zorro, The Fog and a few more. It seems to not decrypt 80% of the movie and decrypting only 20% of it. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2339
Shrink won't do all discs without removing something.

Username: Goodwine

Rochester, New york USA

Can somebody tell me what gets hook up with what. I have a dvdr/vcr combo and a standing vcr. I also have a cable digaital box. I really need help!!! I want to be able to copy my vhs tapes to dvds. Please explain it to me like a six year old. Oh yeah I also have a stablizer.

Username: Tresa

Hello... I bought a SONY VCR DVD Recorder to copy the movies off my DISH DVR to dvd's mostly it starts to copy then tells me it cann not copy as it is a copyrighted movie being aired (such as Elf) now i have a panasonic VCR DVD Recorder it works but sony won't any ideas?

DVRCopier
Unregistered guest
GODVD. The Panasonic is ignoring the copy control flag, the Sony does not. Put GODVD (use Google) between the Dish DVR and the Sony and it should work.

Anonymous

Just downloaded a movie, when i go to burn it with nero it says wrong format, what should i do.

Help Please

Username: Tresa

Post Number: 3
ok i been doing some reading about this stabilizer one guy i talked to said it had to go between 2 vcrs to work that it would not work inbetween the tv and vcr... my set up is this coaxial into vcr dvd recorder out to tv so how would i hook this stabilizer up exactly?
thank you for you help

Anonymous

ok ok ok... DVD Shrink / DVD Decryptor / Alcohol .. all great programs.. . but use DVD43 to remove copyright! just have this little baby run before you try to copy a dvd!

Username: Dfogg551

I am trying to make copys of a copyright protected dvd onto a blank dvd can anyone help me I have dvd shrink and dvd decrypter I was able to do one movie I had shrinked the movie and ofter it was done and I ran analysis it popped up and asked me if I wanted to burn it I did and it worked but I tryed another movie and I went and did the same thing except this time the burn process didn't pop up what am I doing wrong can somebody help me with the steps of this process

Jmlenar
Unregistered guest
ok now i have a downloaded movie on my computer not of a dvd a downloaded one it is not in the right format so how do i put it in format this would be great to know

PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

I just bought a dvd recorder for my tv. It of course wont let me record copyrighted dvds. Do I have to fix this with my computer or on the dvd recorder itself? Also, my computer doesn't have a dvd burner, only cd-writer. I need help ASAP! Thanks to anyone who will help me!

Li
Unregistered guest
Hi all...i just tried to burn a copy of a movie called urs mine and ours...and when i went to try and play it on my dvd player it said disc error...said the playback option may have been taken out! any suggestions on how to go around this?

Unregistered guest
I need to know in lay-min terms how the heck u burn a disk with a copyright on it....

i just got into the whole burning dvds... so i dont know about alhcol 120% and stuff like that.... i just need it explained to me what all that is...

thanks

Romeo101886
Unregistered guest
I have dvd shrink 3.2, dvd decrpyter, and nero 7 premium, I used decrypter to copy movie to video-ts folder and bypass copyright.... i used shrink to get the file shrunk to a 4.7 and below size. I used nero's burn dvd-video option and added the video-ts folder and inserted a hp dvd+r dvd and clicked burn. During burn process it made it to about 2.8 percent and failed while burning. I've gotten this message many times and have tried various dvd-r's and dvd+r. Only one dvd has worked and it was one that came with the comp. Can anyone help me identify the problem? could it be a problem with my burner? Thanks
ROMEO

Username: Rodoelppin

hey, i don't have a dvd burner, but i am trying to save my dvd to my computer.. how would i go about doing that?

Username: Kasch

someone said it isnt rocket science, but most of the post on here make it seem like rocket science.

i have DVD Fab Decrpyter - i use this to rip the original dvd. it makes a folder under "my documents" called "dvd", in that "dvd" folder it makes two folders called "audio_ts" & "video_ts"

i have DVD Shrink 3.2 - i use to shrink the above mentioned files in the "dvd" folder (really not sure wtf this does) but it makes a folder under "C:" that is usually the name of the movie, such as "C:The_Matrix"

i have Nero Express 6.6 - and i can not find anywhere in this program where i can burn a dvd, i have tried every different type of option in this program and still dont know wtf. ive tried "Make cd" "record directly to dvd" "capture video" nothing in Nero will make a dvd. is there a program i can d/l to simply burn the dvd ?? or is there a program that will rip and burn at once ?? simple question

Gold Member

Post Number: 2416
If you have Nero, you just click backup in shrink, then click whatever comes next, I haven't used it for awhile not sure what's next. If there's a disc in the burner, it will burn it when shrink is done.

Username: Kasch

i feel like an idiot, but i dont even have a dvd burner, its just a dvd reader, does anyone know of a good dvd-burner thats out n about, decent price but fairly good quality?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2442
NEC $37.99 with free shipping at newegg.

Username: Chuy

Hi all...I just got a laptop with dual layer recording. I have tried to make backups of my DVDs with DVD
Shrink and cloneDVD2 (with AnyDVD & DVD43) but whatever combo I use the copying to my HD part always stops at about 99%...I close all programs and same thing. Any ideas what can be causing this? Also, I've used diff versions of AnyDVD with no luck.

Username: Timmyxdl

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Programming Error - Execution Occured

The Handle is invalid.

It stopped at 26% encoding...Does anyone know how to get around this?

Username: Enemytool

i downloaded an .AVI movie is there any way that i can copy it to a dvd and be able to play it in a dvd player?or do i need certain programs and stuff?

Username: Random

i use dvd shrink but only shrinks my dvd to 5.5 gigs . i did edit preferences to make it 4.7 then analysis and it doesn't make it any smaller. also how do i burn a dvd onto two disc without having to click on different vts files each time to get it to play. how i can get it so it plays like a regular dvd movie instead of having to open a folder

Username: Fig

Barnwell , SC United States

when i use my Dvd Shrink 3.2 and try to open certain dvd's I get a error message that says:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue Invalid DVD navigation structure

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME!

Username: Saw_tech_one

Post Number: 8
jorge make sure u are using nero6.0 and dvdshrink 3.2. now when use these programs don't clink on the icon nero6.0 just on the dvd shrink 3.2 now when dvd shrinks opens the programs instert dvd movie and close door wait and then click on top open and then u well see F:/and the name of movie (click ok) wait for the movie to be check and then it will stop . now go to (analysis and click) if it said do u want to (analysis say no )now go to (backup) make sure it say (D:\name of movie u want) to put (click ok) and (wait when done.) it should enject the dvd movie remove and insert your dvd-r or dvd+r (u should know what dvd burner speed u have) note some time if u use 8x it give error so try 4X good luck i hope this will help u a littel make sure to check your settings

Username: Nukacola

well here have not been mentioned DVD EZ Copy!
A long time ago I`ve been using it with no problems.
suggest to try.
at geovid.com

Username: Iamirishredhead

Macon, GA USA

I am using DVD shrink, latest download, and it takes on average 11(eleven!) HOURS to copy DVDs.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2861
What speed is your processor? Set all your drives to DMA, not PIO.

Username: Piodavid

I use Ulead DVD workshop 2 to make my movies. I already have the files on my PC so I don't need to rip them. But I also like to make my own title page with the movie poster and a start button. I also like to put chapters into my movies. Is there another program that would allow me to do the same thing? I've been having problems with Ulead, example: video and audio not in sync, movie choppy at times. Any suggestions??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2974
I use TMPGEnc DVD Author, it works fine for me. I tried a couple of Ulead programs, didn't like them.

Username: Barnydan

OMG some of you people are completely retared. If anyone can't figure out how to copy dvd's after reading this long thread. They might aswell just give up and pay someone! Or something!

Username: R81366

Post Number: 3
AnyDVD is DA BOMB! If you have it along with a dual-layer DVD burner and some blank dual-layer DVDs, you iz in bidness baby!

Username: Guelph05

Hey i was able to copy a movie using dvd derypter and the dvd shrink but there were no images, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Electrictroy

Post Number: 13
ANSWER:

If your DVD dies.
Go buy a new one. Simple.

Username: Dawgsbark

I'm trying to burn Saw 3, which is a very recent movie. For some reason I'm having trouble burning this, along with other recent movies. I use DVD shrink 3.2, but I get a reply saying "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure." I don't have trouble burning old dvds with this program and Clone DVD. Is this due to copyright or is there another program that can get around this?

Username: I_love_classic_movies

Ruben Jansen, please explain anydvd with a crack.
I have heard of anydvd, but don't understand with a crack.

thanks

Username: Bryan318

got vista premium and i decrypted movies on my hard drive to watch them on my media player or center and they won't recognize or play the movies. any suggestions on how to correct this?

Username: Bearread

hi guys first time . trying to get dvd shrink. i have windows vista . i download it but it comes as a notepad a million letters and numbers . can anybody help me thanks

Username: Soulnote

I have burnt many movies already but it seems like I came down to a stop. Everytime I try to decrypt a Walt Disney Movies it gives me a read error. Now some of these movies are new, could it be that my player is dirty or theres something else I have to do to burn the disney movies like enchanted, gameplan etc.

I would really appreciate it if you can help me out. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Saw_tech_one

Post Number: 29
john try using dvd fab platinum 4 and make sure u have space on your D drive and if u get error try lower speed to burn

Username: Soulnote

thank you

I am having trouble with fab platinum 4. It just doesnt seem to work.

what I do when I burn any movie is first I decrypt it, than I shrink the files to be fit onto one cd and then burn the dvd.

The problem that I am having is when I decrypt the disney movie it has a read error so therefore I cant go on with burning the movie.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. I dont have a problem until I get the read error.

Username: Tiffany08

You can use DVDSmith Movie Backup freeware to copy the protected dvd movie to your hard drive.

If you want to make a 1:1 DVD backup copy, Any DVD Clone is you best choice.

Username: Mrdatzov

ive been using this program gamecopywizard
you can copy any video game with it and every DVD ive tried to copy was a 100% succes

Username: Archive

I don't think burner (hardware) can copy dvd movies

Username: Jerkin

Generally speaking, if your DVD are copyright, you have to remove the protection in order to move to other device.

Username: Jacksmitha

Try Longo DVD Copy, it can decrypter protected DVDs, and copy DVDs to hard drive or burn DVDs to blank discs. http://www.longodvd.com}

Username: Bobtang

I'm using the DVD Ripper (http://www.blu-ray-dvd-converter.com/dvd_ripper/) and its DVD Creator to burn my copright DVDs. Currently both of the two programs are on sale.

Username: Pcnets

Handbrake can process most common multimeida files and DVD or Bluray sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection. But it can't get round the CSS encryption that comes on most DVD's.
You can download a program like AppGeeker DVD Ripper (http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/rip-dvd-to-mov-mac.html)
It's a background app that run on the fly and remove protection & region coding as the disc is being read, and copy the movies to computer hard drive in specific file format like mp4, avi, mov, etc.

Username: Pcnets

Check it, simple to use.

Username: Glimmerourb

Thanks for your share first
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message