Dub VCR to DVD recorder

Username: Mariexd

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I have a problem, maybe somebody could advice me what to do. I would like to dub the VCR to the DVD recorder. I have many VHS tapes (shows/ movies recorded from the tv), and I would like to transfer them to the DVD.

I looked online and followed the directions how to connect the devices. The VCR and DVD recorder could play and record. The problem is it won't dub. Here's what I did:

-antana/cable(tv)--out from tv (vcr)...coax cable
-video[red]/ r-audio[white]/ L-mono[yellow] input(tv)-- R[white]/ L[yellow]/ Video[red] output(dvd)
-from wall connect coax cable to cable box (RF IN)
-[coax cable] To Tv/VCR (cable box)--In from Ant (vcr)
-R[red]/ L[white]/ Video[yellow](cable box)--R[red]/ L[white]/ Video[yellow] input3 (DVD)
-audio[black]/ Video[red] out from tv...rca cable(vcr)--R[black]/ Video[red] input1 (dvd)

*the colours [black][red] and [red][white][yellow] indicate the rca colour, of which colours I used

*I don't know if it makes a difference which company the devices I have, so I'll metnion them anyway. I have a Zenith television, cable box is through Cogeco cable, VCR is Panasonic, and Toshiba DVD recorder.

I even pushed the button on DVD remote labeled "input select" from IN1/IN2/IN3, and none have worked. Did I connect something improperly? Your advice would be most helpful.
I'm not tech savy, so please explain the easiest way (step by step)for me to understand. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 25
Video is always yellow. Audio is red/black or sometimes red/white.

To record from VCR to DVD recorder, you need yellow/red/black OUT from VCR to yellow/red/black IN on DVD recorder. If you don't have this connection, you cannot record from VCR to DVD recorder.

Bronze Member
Username: Ella

Post Number: 18
This is what you need:
Upload
And try to go step by step controling video and audio on every step
1. VCR-->TV
2. VCR-->Recorder-->TV
Details for grex are here http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html
Connection details here: http://www.xdimax.com/grex_faq/faq_howto.html#vcrdvd
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here