Different Channels with different TVs

Username: Khadorcaptain

Post Number: 1
My previous HDTV, a Westinghouse, picked the OTA HD channels as well as everything else provided by my cable provider through an analog cable connection, plugging straight into the TV. I upgraded to a Sony, and now I no longer receive the OTA HD channels. Nothing has changed other than the TVs. What gives?

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2230
- Did yo scan all digital channels correctly?
Some TVs maybe tricky than others

Username: Justinemalius

Rockville, Md Us

Post Number: 1
I am having similar problems. Our new Sony KDL-46W4100 doesn't find all of the unscrambled digital/HD subchannels carried by Comcast that our much less sophisticated and much cheaper Trutech does [e.g., the Sony can't find the 3 digital/HD channels that local ABC channel 7 broadcasts - 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 on the Trutech]. And the signals it does find don't have the same channel numbers on the Sony as on the Trutech [e.g., the HD boadcast from local PBS channel 26 is tuned in as 26.1 on the Trutech versus 103.11 on the Sony]. Both have QAM tuners and are connected directly to Comcast digital cable without going through a box. When I talked to Sony customer service about it, they made it sound like they never heard of this before and suggested that maybe the cable signal strength was weak.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us