Digital Cable Box Help

Username: Imdumb

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a toshiba 52hm95 and just had charter cable come out and hook up stb for hd. my hd channels look amazing, however, my non-digital channels look like crap. i've read on various forums that this can be a problem and one suggested solution was to get a splitter and bypass the stb all togehter for my analog channels. i'm hoping that someone can maybe tell me of another solution so that i don't have to switch inputs back and forth. thanks for any advice you can give...oh the stb is a Comcast Motorola DCT5100 HDTV box.

fx
Unregistered guest
There is no other solution Nicole. I'm not sure what you mean by switching inputs being a problem. Don't you have a remote control? Perhaps you just didn't understand the correct implementation of the solution. You need an RF splitter, then you send one leg to the cable box and the other leg to the antenna input on your display.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 2
I do have a remote control and I am aware of the need to get a RF splitter. Just wondering if there was another solution so that I don't have to switch inputs when I'm surfing from an HD channel to an analog channel. Are there certain settings that I can mess with (resolution, sharpness, contract, etc) that will improve picture quality?

fx
Unregistered guest
"Are there certain settings that I can mess with (resolution, sharpness, contract, etc) that will improve picture quality?"

You might have better luck with that question in the projection Tv forum. In geneal most displays have settings that can be adjusted for each inout seperately so you can achieve both the best HD picture on one input and have different settings for a seperate input wih analog programming but that will still nesessitate you switching inputs when surfing.

Again I don't see the problem of pressing a single button. You can still surf on the input from your STB and if you see a program you really want to see on an analog channel only then do your need to switch the inputs for a better picture.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
can i get by with a 2 way splitter or do i need an rf splitter? im sure that is a dumb question but well i'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

Username: Shane20092

Post Number: 1
how can i fix all my channels come in fuzzy and some times colored fuzz if i use just reg. cable to my tv its fine but with a cable box it dont what can i do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us