JVC Purple Issue after Bulb Replacement

Username: Spaceacealpha

Post Number: 1
My TS-C110U bulb gave out after a year and a half of honorable duty. Whats a guy to do? Order a replacement over-night expedited from an online vendor selling the C110UAA upgrade. Got the package in the mail and it wasn't a JVC C110UAA but an off brand labeled as 100% equalvilent. I got this from laptopsforless.com. The fellow was real nice but I think the bulb they sold me doesn't work right. It did fine for the first few weeks. Now when I turn on the TV from a cold start the screen will come up purple, and the green portion is off 10 inches upward. I could shut it down and restart it and it would fix itself. Now I'm having to shut it down several times before its right so whatever it is, is degrading. I'm at the point of just leaving it on 24 hours a day now. I called JVC and he said its the bulb. I'd like to buy a new one from a different vendor, I suppose discount-merchant.com has the JVC labeled version? Has anyone seen this before? Could it be the bulb or the light engine screwing up?

Post Number: 2
Oops, guess it would help to say that its the HD-52Z575 model. It was made Sept 2004 but its not eligible for the JVC recall upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 193
Uh, why not buy the bulb directly from JVC? That way you know you're getting the right thing.

Post Number: 3
I did a lot of research on this website and it looks like the Light Engine is taking a dump. Does anyone have the part number for the replacement light engine? Is the service manual still available from some one?

Post Number: 4
tvshopper
Discount-merchant.com was sold out and this company had a comparable price of 162 and they could overnight it that day. One other place I called couldn't fill it right away like that.

Post Number: 5
This TV is a flaming turd. Why anyone would give it a good rating when it requires a high dollar light bulb, yearly, to operate, is beyond me. The picture is okay, I had a 65" Mitsu DiamondMax that looked just as good. And now the heart of it quits practically on demand? Good thing I'm only out 400 bucks on it, no wonder the guy that sold it, didn't want any part of it while it was still working. He told me the first one he bought exploded and JVC was a real pain dealing with until they acknowledged the issue and replaced it. Note to self...keep away from JVC. I'm selling this one for parts or savvy repair and ordering a new Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U with a 60,000 hour backlight and no moving microchip mirrors and it's cheaper then the repair bill on this junker!

Silver Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 194
Darren,

You're funny.

Bronze Member
Username: Fc7

Post Number: 13
My bulb just exploded last nite after 3 years of use. Am looking for a quality light bulb. Any suggestion from anyone??

How can we get the bulb only for lower price?

JVC America sells the bulb for $199.. JVC Canada sells the bulb for $299 though US$ and C$ are at Par.

Of course we still have the service manual for 52z575

Post Number: 7
I tossed this TV after it sat a while in my bedroom. When my bulb went out lightning was shooting out the back of the unit with a droning buzzing sound. JVC didn't seem to worried about it even though they had a service recall on the unit within the time frame of this being fixed and the symptoms I experienced was the exact reason for the recall. Do yourself a favor, get you a cheap bulb and sell the TV while your light engine still works cause the TV is worthless afterward. I bought a Sharp Aquos 64U. Difference is night and day, I can't believe they called the JVC D-ILA a 'hi def set'.

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 89
Darren,
You are one of the few that got smart These JVC ses are junk and I agree with you that the picture is not better thanany other quality set. All these sets are is a constant price to repair. Bob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us