Please help - hitachi vcr

Anonymous

I just bought a second hand Hitachi M830E VCR and when I came home to plug in in I can't get a picture, the VCR works because I can hear the tape playing but no picture, there is no user manuel, do i need to set the tv to a special channel or the vcr, please help

Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4
The TV should be on either 3 or 4, it doesn't matter what the VCR is on for playing, if you get audio and no video it usually needs cleaned.

david delaney
Unregistered guest
In my hitachi vcr if I press play , I can hear the audio but no picture. I used the cleaning tape few times but still no change. All the other buttons stop, rewind, fwd etc works. Please help.

david delaney
Unregistered guest
In my hitachi vcr if I press play , I can hear the audio but no picture. I used the cleaning tape few times but still no change. All the other buttons stop, rewind, fwd etc works. Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
90 percent of the time when there is sound and no picture it needs cleaned. Head cleaning tapes do very little, it needs opened and cleaned. They make special chamois for cleaning VCRs. If you can find someplace to buy them you can do it yourself, but be careful the heads are delicate. Chemtronics are the best chamois. Don't try to use anything but somrthing made to clean VCRs or you will probably riun the heads.

Anonymous

We have a hitachi vcr (don't have model number on hand) and it is less than 1 year old. All has been working well until last week when I put a tape in (this VCR is lucky to be used 3 times a month) and it played in black and white - picture was crisp and clear - just no color. Put another tape in - same thing. Went to a third tape and still - no color...just black and white. Any idea's? Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
How is it hooked to the TV? Be sure the TV is on the right channel if using coax cable.

Anonymous

I have a hitachi VCR model # DAR-MX421. When i put a video tape in, it would start playing for a 1 minute and then auto matically stop playing. Everytime i try inserting a video tape this happens.

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
Take the cover off and see if the right tape reel turns.

Unregistered guest
hi,wonder if you can help,our daughter left us with a hitachi MX100E but no manual, would like to know how to do a timed taping any ideas.

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
If it has on screen menus they are pretty self explanatory. Try the Hitachi websight, look for support, if the VCR isn't too old they should have a downloadable manual.

Unregistered guest
I have a hitachi vt65 and have forgotten how to tune it in, cannot find any setup menu !!!from remote or from set.
can you shed any light ?

Unregistered guest
I have an Hitachi DAr M284,
It was working fine until I switched it to another TV. I misplaced the instruction book so I don't know if it's connected correctly. It rewinds and turns on. No picture or sound TV goes blank

Unregistered guest
I have a Hatachi Model VT-MX423S VCR. A tape became hung in it and I took the cover off to loosen the tape. It was wrapped around the drum and was easily unwrapped. I put in a new tape and ran it forward and backward several times to check if the VCR would perform correctly. It did and I replaced the cover.

Several days later I set it to record a program and left the house. When I returned, the VCR had rcorded the program and cut off: as was expected. Later that day, I started watching the taped program and all was well. About 15/20 minutes into the program, the sound began to fade until it was not audible.
I placed a movie tape into the VCR and it played fine to the end. I tried to tape several other shows and each time I played them back, the picture was perfect, but the sound faded after about 15/20 minutes of play back time.
Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

Username: Noffsing

Post Number: 1
This is my first post and looking at all these posts with complicated topics, I think my question will be an easy one. I have a 5.1 home theatre set-up that works fine with Time Warner DVR and a DVD player. I never hooked up my VCR to it. I now see where there is a menu option on the DVR where I could copy a program to a VCR. How would I need to hook up the VCR to do this? Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
Use RCA jacks from the DVR to the VCR and set the VCR to line. The VCR won't record 5.1 audio, only surround.

Unregistered guest
I have a Hitachi vcr VT-FX240E and the other day for some reason it started flashing the number 2 on and off on the display, and the tape symbol ..... there is a tape in there, but it won't eject, in fact none of the controls work. I have tried inplugging the power and stitching it back on, but still get the same response. Anybody got any deas?

Clay
Unregistered guest
I have a Hitachi vcr, model # VT-FX795A, and need another remote control. Can you tell me the model number for the correct remote?

Clay
Unregistered guest
I have a Hitachi vcr, model # VT-FX795A, and need another remote control. Can you tell me the model number for the correct remote?

Unregistered guest
I have an F641E unit. My son has inadvertantly activated the child lock, and we cant find the OpInstructions. Can anyone advise how to turn off the childlock please!

Thx,

Phil C.

Unregistered guest
i have an old M284 VCR and it worked when i unplugged it to plug in my new hitachi vcr/dvd combo player. now i have hooked it up to an old tv (i have donated it to a good cause), and when i press "play" it ejects the tape. the channel buttons seem to switch it from "vcr" to "tv", and the rewind and ffwd buttons swith it from "EP" to "S P". I have tried the remote, but nothing happens with any remote control buttons. i bought new batteries and tried again. i feel bad because i was donating it. please help!

Unregistered guest
I have a hitachi VCR (I dont know model No:-)but i could be more than 15 yrs old,it was working very nicely earlierly but since about last 5-6 yrs it just rew,fwd,eject but not playing,taken to mechanic but they couldnt understand it, I have replaced its head 6-8 yrs ago. plz help and if possible to replace this VCR with other. thanks

Dr Mahender kumar
Jacobabad,sindh, Pakistan.

Hunter E. Jones
Unregistered guest
I have a Hitachi VT-F390A. It works great except earlier I put a tape in but the power will not come on and I cannot eject the tape. When I hit the power button it goes on and then off very quickly. Is there a manual eject button somewhere?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1354
Unplug it and plug it back in.

Hunter E. Jones
Unregistered guest
That didn't work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1355
junk it

Unregistered guest
I have an Hatachi VCR and I can't find the manual. My questions is, I know how to program off the menu button to tape a program but after I choose the time to tape and channel etc. ect.. I don't know how to say 'enter' that information.
Any advise.
Thank you!

Unregistered guest
I have a Hitachi VCR model #FX6505 and need the code to "punch in" to change the output channel from 4 to 3, please.

Anonymous

I have a hitachi vcr, When we turn it on, it only stays on for about a minute, then it goes off, and the vcr shows a little 2 flashing. PLEASE HELP!!!! My e-mail is Mudduck22@Hotmail.com please send solution to my e-mail. THANK YOU.

Anonymous

I have an Hitachi VCR and can not find the user manual. I had it working; however, had TV repaired and can not get hooked up right. What are the steps to hooking up and setup. It is an FX685

Unregistered guest
i have a hitachi vcr mx935e and i dont have the user manual do you know how i can tune it in to the tv i do remember it being quite awkward

Gold Member

Post Number: 2408
In the set up menus, set the cable/antenna to whichever you have and autoprogram the channels.

Username: Davidwanda

I have a Hitachi VCR model VT-M251AW can anyone help me with the three digit manufacturers code.
Thanks
David Goodwin

Username: Ing_22

Mapusa, Goa India

I have a Hitachi VCR Model No. VT- M828E(SW) and a Samsung Television which is a brand new one.The main problem is when I insert a cassette into record.The cassette gets erased but when I go to play it there's no picture on it and sound.It just appears grey. I have read the manual thoroughly and tried all possible alternatives . I have tried the troubleshoot for recording but nothing happens.The cassette is present in the VTR and the erase prevention tab is not removed but yet it happens. Pls recommend some solutions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3139
You've got to tell us how the VCR is connected and what you are trying to record from.

Username: Guscklau

My Hitachi VCR Model VT-M828E is connected to my Hitachi TV Model C2980FS. I set the system to "PAL". When I play back my old or newly-recorded PAL video tapes, "PAL" on the VCR display automatically changes to "MESECAM" and there is no picture. Sound only. When I tape record, "PAL" appears on the display as usual. I did not have this PAL -> MESECAM on playback problem before. I changed the system to "AUTO", the same problem occurs. Any solutions please?

Username: Wysinski

OH

help i have a hitachi tv and i am trying to set the remote to control my vcr/dvd player because the cable is set up so that it runs through the vcr/dvd player and i don't like having 2 different controllers. the unit is a dvd recorder with a vcr recorder built in. it is an sv2000-wv20v6 and the remote control code to control the vcr/dvd player is not in the owners manual??? njw_10@hotmail.com

Username: Zetec

Regarding the Hitachi VCR model VT - FX6505 and how to change the output channel from 4 to 3:

1) With the power OFF and NO tape in the VCR press "Play" on the front panel.

2) The LCD display will light up and show either RFCH-03 or RFCH-04. Press the UP channel button to alternate between the two.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us