Camcorder to VCR tape

ErinD
Unregistered guest
I cannot get my VCR to record. It says REC, but then shuts off after a few seconds. It's a older Hitachi that I don't have the remote for - so the time is not set up, etc. Does that have something to do with it? Can't I just push REC and it record? Please help.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 118
Time doesn't have anything to do with not recording. Take the cover off and see if the tape moves through the machine. Also look at the right reel and make sure it turns.

annie
Unregistered guest
how do you record from a video camera onto a tape? i need to know soon!

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
Connect RCA jacks from the camera to the VCR then set the VCR to line.

sue ellen
Unregistered guest
I need help!! I have a JVC camcorder and I need to record to VHS tape, I have zenith VCR. I hooked up to the TV from camcorder and presses record but it didn't record the video only the channel. The video is showin on Video on the TV. And I have to use s video cable, which VCRs have that? Can you help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
If you have to use an s-video you need a s-vhs VCR. There are no RCA jacks on the camcorder?

jetdracing
Unregistered guest
I have an emerson vcr and I am trying to record from my samsung camera I hooked my vcr to my tv and my camera to my tv but cannot get the camera to play or record through the vcr. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
The camera hooks to the VCR with RCA jacks, then set the VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
I have a JVC vedio camera, and Emerson VCR. I was trying to record from camera to VCR, but it's not working. I really need a help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
Use RCA jacks and set the VCR input to line.

Becky3
Unregistered guest
dumb question...but how do you set the VCR input to line? Seems obvious...but I'm not quite sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
There should be an input button on the remote or the VCR.

Unregistered guest
I want to use my camcorder as a survelliance camera but want to record on my VCR. Is this possible? Do I still need to put a blank tape in the camcorder, along with the VHS tape in the VCR?

BD
Unregistered guest
I have a symphonic VCR and DVD combo, how do I hook up so I can record from my camera. Please Help.

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA TV and a Sony vcr. I have tried to hook up my sony camcorder to the vcr so that I can watch my mini dv, but I can not get my vcr set to line. I tried pushing the input button on my universal remote... but it toggles only between "video" and vcr. Is it possible that the line setting might only be something I can change through my vcr's menu (which I can't access with my current remote)?

Username: Bcady

New Haven, CT USA

Post Number: 7
I have a sony DCR-HC40 miniDV camcorder and am trying to record from the camcorder to a VHS tape. I connected the camera to the VCR and set it to LINE mode. The only way I can view it on the TV is if I press TV/video. When I hit record on the VCR I don't see a 'REC' icon on the TV screen, and nothing records to the VHS tape. Am I missing something? Do I need to set an input channel on the TV or something? If so, how do I do this without the remote?? Please help!!!

Unregistered guest
I have tried countless times to copy the video from my Sony HANDYCAM to three vcrs (at seprete times). Each time failed. I tried connecting it to the vcr, then the tv, and everything else. Still it only records the tv show that is on at the present time. I have even tried setting the tv on various imput channels. What should I do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 718
Connect with RCA jacks and set the VCR to line. There is usually an input button on the remote, if not it will be after channel 2 when going down through the channels.

Anonymous

Yesterday I was able to record from my camcorder to a blank VHS. Today, when I press the record button it ejects the tape... any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 802
Is the record tab broken out of the tape?

ROBJOY
Unregistered guest
I HAVE AN HITACHI TV WITH FRONT LOAD CONNECTIONS. I NEED TO RECORD FROM A SONY CAMCORDER TO A PANASONIC VCR

Silver Member

Post Number: 830
Connect the camcorder to the VCR with RCA jacks and set the VCR to line. You can connect the VCR to the TV with RCA jacks too so you can see what you are recording.

Username: John_purdey

Post Number: 2
How exactly do I make a disc from my Sony handicam? I have followed all the instructions carefully, but I then get silly messages such as 'the E Drive is not available' (Oh yes it is!)Do I need a special cable from the handicam to my computer? The cable works OK with still pictures from the handicam to Image Transfer, so what am I doing wrong?

Unregistered guest
I need help copying from a camcorder to a vhs tape we cannot find the vcr remote. help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 926
Try going through the channels and see if you get to line. If not you need a remote.

Unregistered guest
I have a VCR/DVD Recorder. I have tried repeatedly to:
1. Record from camcorder to DVD
2. After 1 failed, to record from camcorder to VCR, then dub into DVD. Can dub into DVD, cannot record from camcorder to VCR. I know it is something to do with my connections, but it is confusing!! Help,what do I plug in where. Especially so that I can see it on my TV.

Anonymous

I KNOW STUPID QUESTION BUT MY HUSBAND IS IN IRAQ AN I WANNA RECORD FROM CAMCORDER TO VHS TAPE? HOW? ANDWHAT ARE RCA JACKS? HELP ASAP

Silver Member

Post Number: 989
The jacks on the back or front of a VCR, the same thing that is used to connect a CD player or tape deck to a receiver.

Unregistered guest
I want to convert from Sony Camcorder tape to VCD.
Please help.

thank you.

Lisadant
Unregistered guest
Hi, I've tried for hours to tape from my Sony handyman microvc to vhs tape. The cable is connected to the audio/video in. The vcr is a Sharp h810. The connections are in the rear. There is a remote but I have not seen "line" on anything. If I go to the channels below channel 2 I get Input 1 or Input 2. That's it. So everything is connected and nothing records to the vcr. Can anyone help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1260
Input 1 & 2 are the line inputs.

lisadant
Unregistered guest
Hi .. thanks david. now the new problem. I've tried inputs 1 and 2 and still it doesn't record. Can you walk me through my connections for the tv, vcr and the camcorder so I can be sure the other connections are correct. There's a dv as well, but I'll disconnect that to remove it from the equation. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1261
Connect the camcorder to one of the line inputs and set the VCR on that input. Then you can connect the VCR to the TV with RCA cables or coax, if coax set the TV on channel 3 or 4, if RCAs set the TV on whatever input you used.

adams
Unregistered guest
how can i record from my hi8 sony handycam camcorder to my computer.

adams
Unregistered guest
hi guys, i need help here, i have a hi8 sony handycam camcorder, i have tried couple of times to record to vcr and my dvd but to no avail. can someone get me through the process, please?
thank you.

Michelle Gavin
Unregistered guest
Hello. I am trying to record from my camcorder to a VCR tape. The picture has recorded fine, but the sound is not from my camcorder - it's from the television programme on at the time. I would be grateful for any ideas.
Many thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1323
Connect with RCA cables and set the VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
I am having trouble setting my vcr to line/input. I have a vcr/dvd combo by Emerson. None of the buttons seem to do anything. can you help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1338
if there isn't an input/auxillary button, go through the channels till you get to line.

Unregistered guest
Okay.. probably a dumb question, but I have a Sony Handycam 24x Digital Zoom.. Where do I connect the cord on the camcorder that will go to the TV? I found one place below the MIC that says (plug in power) but don't think that's it.. anyone?? PLEASE EMAIL ME AT cruzinblue2@aol.com if you have an answer, thank you!

M G L
Unregistered guest
Any suggestions on how to convert 8MM and Hi8 tape (Sony Camcorder with S-Video) to a DVD format.

Unregistered guest
I have a samsung video camera and trying to record on to vhs,i have followed instructions,but when i play tape back it has recorded what was on tv,please help me.it is driving me crazy.but camera is playing on tv when i press record on vcr

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 23
Set the input of vcr to LINE. There should be an input selector button on remote. If not, go through the channels until you get the LINE.

Unregistered guest
HOw do you record from camcorder to VHS tape? I have everything hooked up, but once i push the record button, the tape ejects. What am I doing wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1910
Is the record tab on the back of the tape broken out?

samia l
Unregistered guest
I NEEEED HELLLLLP!!!!
I have a JVC video camcorder and a SHARP VCR
on my tv i put it on VIDEO 4 and thats where i c whats on the video camera..then on my VCR what channel do i put

al there is is 1.2.3.4...etc..
and AU1 and AU2
which 1 is video 4??? ahh

Unregistered guest
i have a canon zr100 and i want to record a vhs tape onto my camcorder (so i can put my vhs on computer and make it a dvd). i set my vcr to line and still it didnt record it. only a blue picture shows up on the lcd screen. what am i doing wrong?

Username: Rvp

hi. i have a videocon vcp and a sony handycam. i wanted to view and copy the movies from the vcp on to the handycam. i was able to hear the sound, but no video was displayed on the camcoder. please suggest me.

Unregistered guest
i have a panasonic 750 camcorder that takes a special cord to go from cam to computer it has to be like a headphone plug on one end a and a serial port on the other i cannot find it anywhere any suggests or maybe another way to get this onto my computer

Anonymous

8mm Cassette > VHS. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem but I'm trying to convert my old 8mm family films to VHS. My Sony handycam has died, chewing a few tapes along the way. I'm sure there was a VHS cassette on the market that allowed you to insert the 8mm Cassette into it & play it through the video. Please help - anyone!

Anonymous

I am trying to record a vedio from my RCA camcorder to a SANYO VCR...The camcorder is set and playing the vedio but the VCR is not recording. Is there some sort of setting on the remote control I have to use?

Unregistered guest
Can I record my old VHS film on a DVD through any latest model of Camcorder and which one will suit for this purpose? I shall be grateful for the guidance. Could you send me a reply on bhattiasifali@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I have a sony HC42E and need to record some old vcr home movie stuff on to it to enable me to make a short film in i movie, but when I go to record I get the message cant record due to copyright protection! .... it's my movie!
is there a way round this?

Unregistered guest
i have a canon zr200 digital video camcorder.can u tell me how to record the video movie into a vcr.i tried by connecting rca wire to the cam corder and the other end of the rca to the vcr.i pressed record button on the vcr while playing the video in the camcorder.but it
is not recording.can u suggest me a solution???
thankyou

Gold Member

Post Number: 2208
Set the VCR to line.

Username: Jreddygari

Hyderabad, AP India

Post Number: 1
How exactly do I make a disc from my Sony handicam?

Username: Jreddygari

Hyderabad, AP India

How exactly do I make a disc from my Sony handicam?

Anonymous

Is there any way to use film from my handyman video recorder and and put it on my computer so i can edit it with wondows movie maker

Anonymous

Is there any way to use film from my handyman video recorder and and put it on my computer so i can edit it with wondows movie maker

Unregistered guest
hi, I've got the same problem, I've been trying to record from my camcorder onto a VCR tape.. the thing is: I can't connect my RCA jacks to the VCR, only to my tv and when I play my camcorder's tape, the VCR can't find the 'channel' on my TV which is displaying that tape... Do I need to get a wire that transforms the signals coming through the RCA jacks so that they can come out through another connector (a pin connector I believe) which does match my VCR? Could someone please give me advice? thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2338
Connect to the VCR with RCAs and set the VCR to line.

Anonymous

I am trying to record from my panasonic camcorder to a vcr. I hooked up the RCA cables and the audio works but the video doesn't. What am I doing wrong

Unregistered guest
i want to record from my camcoder unto vhs my vcr doesnt have any rca cable ports so i fixed them unto a scart adaptor thing ive tried recording and it doesnt work. i dont have any line buttton on my remote and ive tried going through the channels on the vcr but there is nothing about line or input or anything significant please help me im desprete thanks.

Username: 123

umm i have a jvc camera and an emerson vcr. the jvc camera has the little tapes and it came with a normal size tape that the little tape goes into. how do i record from one vcr to another?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2461
Standalone recorder.

Username: Cinnamonsugar

What does "set the VCR to line" mean?? I need answers SOON!!

Username: Crystal0003

i have a quick question..im trying to record a video from my camcorder onto my VCR on a tape and when i play the video from my camcorder to my tv it plays the video with sound but when i go to record it and play back the video it doesnt give me sound its only giving me the video...can anyone help me and tell me why?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us