Samsung DLP Issues - Help!

Username: Sprintmgr

SLC, UT USA

Post Number: 2
Okay, I had a 1080i Hitachi plasma for about 2 years, and recently "upgraded" to a 1080p Samsung. Problems ensued, and I am trying to decide if my expectations are too high, or if I am an idiot and not able to correctly tune my TV. Any responses to one or all of these issues would be much appreciated

1- Cloud - I noticed almost immediately upon installation of my new TV that there was an odd distortion in the screen, almost like a cloud, that only showed up when the screen was black. Exchanged the TV yesterday, and the new one has the same thing in a different place. My wife pointed out that it looks like a plasma or lcd computer display when you push your finger into it. Is this a DLP issue or a defect? I am pretty sure it isn't lighting, as it doesn't matter what time of day, light angle, etc, it is always there.

2- Video "noise" in light images. This is more annoying. I am a little particular, but my plasma ALWAYS looked better than both DLPs have. I expected a lot more, since I essentially doubled the lines of resolution. I have Dish HD, a PS3/blu ray player, and an hddvd player, and none of them look as crisp as I expect, or as crisp as the images on display tvs running the same videos. I am running the video players HDMI and the Dish on component. Do I need to cough up more $ for a nicer cable?

3- Light shadows. As mentioned above, I exchanged this tv for another assuming that the first was simply defective, and the new one has a weird quirk that the original did not. During things like credits or DVD menus where the screen is black with white writing, there are ghosted lines on other parts of the screen, generally above the white image, but to the side too. Settings issue? I tried tweaking the settings and no change.

I appreciate any polite responses, as I am new to the DLP game, and it could easily be user error, but I am almost ready to return it and get a smaller LCD.

Username: Sprintmgr

SLC, UT USA

Post Number: 3
Switched to a 50" panasonic Plasma so nevermind...

Username: Samskunked

Post Number: 1
Samsunged DLP picture freezes up,then turns black,comes back on and repeats...????
What up wid dat??Replaced reciever and realigned dish,did no good..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us