I get a better SD pic with component over HDMI/DVI

Username: Dwmmlm

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 7
I hooked up my Toshiba DLP 52HM94 to the HD cable box and although the HD pics look great, my standard broadcasting stations look much worse than it did when I had analog feed.

What's the scoop?

Username: Maddog72

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem with my 51" sony. I am running the cable into my Onkyo and back out to my tv. The HD channels rock, but the analog looks like crap.... I have comcast. What do you have? and if you get a solution, please let me know what it is.

Username: Dwmmlm

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 8
I think the solution is the dish, but I do not have the option as my town is locked into a deal with a private cable company (Advanced Cable) that forces us to use cable.

I have improved it by simply NOT using the HD box input unless I am watching those channels. I split the inbound cable and one goes to the HD box and the other right to the TV. I switch the TV input back and forth between regular cable and HD depending on what I want to watch. It's a terrible solution, but the best I've been able to come up with.

tampametal
Unregistered guest
Harvey,
Run a splitter before the box and use the tv's tuner for the analog and you will see 110% difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us