Q Box for Sony Grand Wega 42" Rear Proj LCD

Username: Dtolson5

Post Number: 3
My Sony had some problem a few weeks ago while we were on vaca. I turned it on and there were just uniform vertical stripes of different colors across the screen. Cannot change input, channel, nothing. Just on or off.

Had a technician come out and said I need a new Q box. He said he had never seen anything like it and Sony asked him to send a picture.

Now it's going to be about 4 more weeks before the technician can replace the part. They have the part in house. My question is just how difficult is it to replace? Is this something I can do myself? I am no electrical engineer, but I was a F-16 jet mechanic for a number of years. ;-)

Is it a matter of plugging it in where the old one was, or is there some type of calibration that needs to be done?

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 795
From my understanding of the Q box, I believe it is the main tuner assembly for your TV, if your TV has cable card access on it, it is also a part of the Q box. As for the complexity of changing it out, I've seen a few of them replaced and I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us