Vizio P42 HDTV Turning itself off

Username: Jtett

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a Vizio P42 HDTV this week. It is turning itself off about every 15 minutes or so. The Sleep Timer is OFF. I changed the power connections, I even took the batterys out of the remote to see if it was sending a bad signal. It is still happening. Naturally with a box as big as a 42" TV, I threw it away. Any suggestions ?

Username: Ghstrainer

CT

Post Number: 1
same problem on 4/24/06 had unit only 3 wks, on/off switching randomly at back of TV.....called vizio, overniting a new unit....very impressed with their response so far....i'll keep you updated

Username: Jtett

Post Number: 2
Peter
I called Vizio also. They sent me a new unit also. I have had no problems with it. My guess is that they got a bad lot of on/off switches that had thermal issues causing the set to switch on and off when it got hot.

When the new set came, the delivery guy made a comment to my wife that seems to indicate that this was not a one-time occurrence. He made a comment about "the others" they have received.

I am also very impressed with their support. They were very accommodating and I have had no problems with the new set. From what little I get to see, (between Jimmy Neutron and other cartoons), it is a beautiful set.

Good Luck.

John

Username: Ghstrainer

Post Number: 2
thanks for the feedback John...nice to hear your replacement is good so far. Although my random on/off occurances were happening on a cool/cold TV....sometimes at like 330 in the morning. So I dont think it was an overheating issue in my case. But in seeing on how fast they offered a new set and with absolutely NOT one question asked it shows to me that this was an issue that they wanted to rectify without too much publicity. Enjoy your new set and please post any and all issues should they arise in the future for all the Vizio users out there.

Thanks again...Pete
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us