JVC and Optical Out

Username: Dlipman

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC LXT-32X667 TV. It has worked great for years.

I also have RCA Home Theater RT2770.

For years I have fed the TV Headphone output to the Line-In of the RCA. The RCA Stereo Out has a fixed volume. The headphone out is variable which makes the use of one Remote Control easier.

I decided to use a TOSLINK and connect the JVC TV to the RCA Home Theater optically. However I get nothing. Setting the Digital Audio Out to Dolby and PCM makes no difference.

I have FiOS and a Motorola QIP2500-3 STB and when I move the TOSLINK from the TV to the STB I do get sound. Move it back to the TV and I get nothing.

It does not make a difference if the TV is showing TV Content or if I hook my Latitude E5430 HDMI to the TV and use it as an extended screen and play any content via VLC Player.

I looked at everything on the JVC TV and I can see no reason why I get no audio out via Optical S/PDIF.

This old thread seems "similar".
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/572321.html

NOTE: I do not know how long I'll be a member here. thus forum has the most annoying active ads I have ever seen. Not only do they interfere with the communication medium, the ads cause undue overhead on the browser and I am concerned that it may also push malvertisements.
}

Username: Satursan

Post Number: 1
Dont care about ads
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts