50" Maxent HDtv won't power on or off?

Buckets
Unregistered guest
I bought a 50" Maxent plasma monitor from Best Buy no more than two months ago, and I'm already having a major issue with it. I hadn't used it in a week or so due to my odd work schedule, and when I went to turn it on for some gaming bliss yesterday, I noticed that it wouldn't power on from standby mode when I used the remote. No problem, I thought, perhaps the batteries are dead or something. The odd thing is, it wouldn't even power on when using the switch on the monitor itself. After some fighting with it, namely toggling the main power switch on the back of the monitor and unplugging it a few times, I got it to finally come on.

So the next time I try to use it, same thing. I finally get it on after about 10 minutes of frustrating guess work, and I know there's a legit problem. Another odd thing, after I used it for a few hours, I switched off the DVD player, and when it should have gone to the blue component input screen, it did not. It just sat there, in limbo if you will, completely blank. Well, you can probably guess what happened next. I couldn't turn it off. Remote, on-monitor control panel, NOTHING. I had to unplug the stupid thing just to get it to power off. It wouldn't just go into standby mode as usual when I hit the power button, it was completely unresponsive.

I also noticed that when it was on and in the state in which I couldn't turn it off, it wouldn't respond to any other button inputs either. It wouldn't change inputs, wouldn't even let me adjust the volume. It almost seems like it is stuck in some form of sleep mode, which is odd because once I get it to actually come on, it will work fine for hours until I turn off whatever I am using with it (DVD player, PS2, etc.).

Anyone experience a similar problem, and most importantly, have any suggestions as to how I might be able to remedy this problem short of going through the hassle of returning the thing? Argh, I should have just saved an extra grand and waited to get a better brand.

Tom B ong
Unregistered guest
Should have bought at Costco. you can return those Maxents 5 years from now if they fail. Just call Maxent. they have a decent customer service dept and will send out a rep with an image board.

And extra grand is alot of money and does not guarentee you will have a better TV without issues.

The next time you buy an off brand TV buy it at Costco where you can return the thing in 7 years if it fails. I bought a Maxent 42" and its been great. But if it fails no worries.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us