1080p

Silver Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 111
Did I read this right? In my Sunday paper circular (Circuit City I think), they advertised a new hdtv capable of 1080p, 'true' hd. Not a typo, is it?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2598
Yes, there are 1080p sets.

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 95
But no 1080p sources yet.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 167
yea the sony sxrd claims 1080p also the toshibas using the talon proccesors and I believe the new mitsubishis also.

Silver Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 126
So the content available out there utilizes either 1080i or 720p, but not 1080p, right? If that's the case, buying a 1080p set would be overkill, no? Unless you really want to be ahead of the game when content does become available...

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 105
Pretty much correct Jacob, although an upconverted 1080i signal does look mighty fine on a 1080p display. Now there is an HDDVD player available with a 1080i output made by Toshiba (and an RCA clone). Towards the end of June there should be a Samsung, a Pioneer and perhaps a Sony Blu Ray player(s) available and by November the PS3 whcih will include a BluRay player will be for sale.

The 2nd generations of these players may very well be able to output at 1080p since the data is recorded in 1080p x24 on the discs so the information is there to be had.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Indianbill007

Bhilai, Chattisgarh India

Post Number: 17
Well I got really something good and cool in a single give away package . Online IP TV , that is satellite TV and online radio channels in a single software.

http://www.artvnetworks.com

Online TV Player lets you watch 2500+ free Internet TV and listen 1500+ free online radio stations on your PC. It allows watcher to watch directly into TV without having to experience the annoyances of a Web site (like slow-loading pages and pop-up ads). No additional equipment required, No Monthly Fees, No Extra Costs. Online TV Player support both Windows Media and Real Video. You can play most of stream formats in one program. It can set the screen window to any size that you want. It supports full-screen mode too.

Download yourself and enjoy.!!

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 172
so what is the catch?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums