Playing English VCR tape in American VCR

Unregistered guest
Hi

Can anyone help me. I have English VCR tapes and wish to play them on an American VCR as I now live in the STates as opposed to England. I currently cant play my English tapes and am being told I need a video converter or a multi system vcr. Can anyone be more specific as to what I actually need, good equipment to buy etc.

Many thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 91
Yes, you do need a multi system VCR to view tapes made in England (PAL) on an American TV (NTSC). I have the Samsung Worldwide VCR model SV5000W (It's the cheapest worldwide VCR I know of), I am personally not vary pleased with this unit but here is the link anyway:

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&pr od_id=SV-5000W%2fXAA

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 92
David says Mitsubishi makes good VCRs but I don't know if they have a worldwide model.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 892
There are only 2 multi-system VCRs left that I know of, Samsung which is trash, and Aiwa which is expensive. There were others that you might be able to find used if you are lucky, Panasonic used to make them, I think I've seen Hitachi too. Most of them came from people in the military overseas. A converter won't do any good unless you have a PAL VCR, it won't work with an NTSC VCR.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us