A Sima Go-dvd, a Phantom external drive and a Toshiba Satellite laptop

Username: Gflo

Post Number: 1
I have a large number of vhs videos that I want to transfer to dvd. I'm a novice and have "inherited" the pieces listed in the subject. With a tv, vcr, and dvd player, can I use the above-listed pieces to copy old vhs videos to dvd, or do I need to have a burner besides what's on my laptop? I have ordered a vcr/dvd recorder, but I'm wondering if I can accomplish this huge task with the pieces I already have. If so, in what order to I hook them up? I also have Photoshop on my computer, if that helps. I hope to be able to edit them once copied. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 701
Are you talking about this ---> http://www.crutchfield.com/p_035CT2/Sima-CT-2-GoDVD.html

Without a video capture device, I don't understand how you are going to be able to what you want to do.

The DVD player is useless for your task.

Username: Gflo

Post Number: 2
I have the GoDVD that's in your link. My laptop will burn videos. I've also ordered a combo dvd/vcr recorder/player. I was just hoping to accomplish the task without having to buy anything else. With that, is the GoDVD worth using at all?

I had used it previously with an hp phantom drive on Windows 2000, and since they changed drivers on Windows Vista, it no longer works.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 702
The GoDVD is not a video capture device.
You should read what it does in the link.
Without a video capture device, you have no hope of copying VHS to DVD using your laptop.

You need a combo VCR/DVD recorder.
It will let you copy your home movies to DVD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us