Samsung DLP start up problem

Username: Jgiordano

Post Number: 1
Boy I thought I had it bad. See if any one can help me. I have a Samsung HLS4266WX/XAA, here is what it is doing, when I turn it on the "Lamp" light flashes and can take up to 1.5 hours for the set to fire up, show video and audio. Of course in that time I am having to turn it on after it times out and shuts down. The set works fine once it has audio/video.

Here is what I have done. New lamp, the lamp comes on and stays on till the set times out, all fans are running and so is the color wheel. I have checked all connections by removing and replacing the cables. Cleaned all dust from boards.

Username: Jgiordano

Post Number: 2
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that the screen is black till it turns on and I can not get into the service menu because the set takes so long to turn on.

Username: Tomcat_martin

Post Number: 1
I have Samsung hls4266wx/xaa would come on then started to turn off. But would try to restart until I cut power . Replaced lamp no change I read if it was making a clicking noise replace the ballast. I ordered one but I checked color wheel to make sure it was okay. Doing so it broke. Got new ballast installed it now it makes all the sounds its trying to turn on but lamp won't Evan light.of course the color wheel is loud it's bad . Would that keep the lamp to not come on detecting a bad color wheel? Need help . Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us