RCA Lyra 1028 Memory card question

Username: Germs

Post Number: 1
Hi, I had a question about the card option on the rca lyra 1028 mp3 player. It says on amazon website I can buy an rca memory card, 48mb. There's nothing about it on the rca website and I've emailed them a few times but no response.

My question is what other kinds of memory cards will work with this mp3 player of mine? I've looked everywhere and can't find a card that is compatible.

Silver Member
Username: Jakdaxtersgirl

USA

Post Number: 383
I have a Sony! :-) Uh, can u please say it in English, b/c I'm only 13

Anonymous

lots of memory card work they just have to be the square ones, I have a scandisk card; but they sell them everywhere in all kinds of diffrent brands... bestbuy, future shop, ummm basically any electronics store!
good luck!

somebody3
Unregistered guest
i have a sandisk card but it doesnt work. i put my songs on it but when i put it in my mp3 player the songs didnt come up

DeathKree
Unregistered guest
i have a lexar media scandisk and its 256 mb but the songs i put r all desorted and when i put them as internal memory its working just fine.

DeathKree
Unregistered guest
i have a lexar media scandisk and its 256 mb but the songs i put r all desorted and when i put them as internal memory its working just fine.

Unregistered guest
i have the RCA Lyra RD1028-A mp3 player...and i downloaded all the necessary components.. but for some reason my computer won't recognize the device! CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?!?

Username: Rmm3030

OK, this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway....

I put in a 256 memory disk into my RCA Lyra RD1028 and I was able to load up 78 mp3 songs - 56 on internal memory and the remainder on the disc. However, when i turn on the device, it only recognizes the 56 songs from internal memory. How do I get the player to recognize the disk? What am i doing wrong? Thanks. (8/24/05)

Unregistered guest
Been reading the headaches folks have been having here. But on a hunch, I purchased a 1gb SG card anyway. popped it into the RD 1028

On one the XP based PC at work, the 1gb card was not seen as an external drive..Didn't see it at all. However, I get home to the PC there, It sees both the internal memory and the card.

I loaded about 20 selections of varying length on the card only. Leaving the internal memory clear, all .mp3 files.. My attitude on this player has been adjusted!..It is working great.

I am not sure if those with problems are seeing some sort of XP issue, or perhaps the memory card "lock" is on? (A little white slide switch on the card)

When I get to work tomorow, I'll see if the card is readable on that PC.. Maybe I had the write protect switch on when at the office (the switch on the card)

But now I have plenty of space on the card alone. WOW.. 800mgs left..lol this suits my needs for exercise, cuz it's small, and cheap!

I even crunched some longer .mp3's into mono 80kbps files.. Playing with no problems.

Hope my post helps a little.

thomasp
Unregistered guest
tip:
If you wanna get 125 songs on ur 128mb player, when you go to download the songs to the player make sure you make the songs at 32kbps. The music still sounds exalant and you don't have to buy a memory card right off.

If you have windows media player, then to change the "kbps" click "tools" then "settings" then "devices".. when you get there click your MP3 player, go to propertys, and under record, select the kbps for recording.

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA Lyra RD1021 Mp3 player and a Lexar 256MB memory card. I put in the card and tried adding more songs on the same way that I always do, but that wouldn't work. So i tried adding songs through Musicmatch jukebox, following the instructions in the manual and it STILL didn't work. I am clueless and just want more songs to listen to!! Help please!!!

Unregistered guest
hey i was woundering if there were any outher tricks to put more then 80 on the flash memory

Kara35
Unregistered guest
Please help me from throwing my husband's mp3 player out the window!! I can't get it to recognize the SD card!! He has an RCA Lyra RD1028.

Happy Jammer
Unregistered guest
I have an RCA Lyra RD1028 and am now able to play my songs through my memory card. At first I thought my memory card was defective because the Lyra player did not recognize the memory card. However, my computer recognized the card's drive and I was able to drag songs and other data into it. When I opened the portable device manager, the Lyra player still did not recognize the drive nor the data. When I left my songs on the memory card, disconnected the player from the computer and turned it on, I found my songs that were stored on the memory card at the end of the song rotation. This is how I got my songs to play from my memory card.

STORING SONGS ON YOUR MEMORY CARD:

1. Insert your memory card into your RCA Lyra player and plug it into the computer.

2. Add all of your songs to your Music Match Library.

3. By opening "My Documents" and then "My Music" you should see your songs or the folders containing your songs.

4.Open a "Windows Explorer" to your memory card drive---for me my cd-rom drive is D, my local hard drive is C, my Lyra Player is E, and my memory card is F.

5. Now drag or copy your songs from "My Music" into your memory card drive that you opened in "Windows Explorer."

6. Disconnect your player from your computer, power it on, and cycle through to the end of your Lyra player's storage to the memory card's storage.

7. JAM!

Username: Derman

Hi do anyone know where i can buy the accessory kit and or the flash memory but at lease the cd for the lyra 1028? thanks

Unregistered guest
My RCA RD1028 will not work with a memory card. I have an RD1080 and the card works fine on that. I noticed that even when there's no card in the RD1028, it is detecting one. When i plug it into my computer, it does not detect any card if I do put one in. Help? plz respond to benstinks@hotmail.com , thx

Username: Ardent04

Wenatchee, Washington Us

Post Number: 9
I tried to use small.. 32 old lexar sd cards.
I have a RD 2010. I couldn't get it to access them.. but I got a new lexar 1 gig and I loaded my external memory first .Plays whats there like a charm.{a bit over 100 songs} I too have a q: I have only used 1/2 of the gig card and it will not allow me to put more on....a folder error of sorts. Any body got any idea i tried to make a folder on my card and the card recognizes it as a folder other than the ones on it but will not allow me to put anything in it.... any ideas???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us