Cheap Surround Setup to match...

Username: Cowboy

Post Number: 4
This is a spinoff from my original posting since the topic has diverged so much:

I am buying the HK AVR325, and currently have mains that are Klipsch KLF-10 (legend series).

I also have some cheap sony surrounds and center (Sony SS CN290 and SR290).

I am looking to ditch those last pieces and find something cheap that will match up to the rest of my system. I am not looking for the best, but don't want the system to be held back by poor performing surround since most of my time is spent on movies.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to give!

Stu

Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 27
Center channel: Klipsch Synergy Series SC-1
Rear speakers: Klipsch SS-3

Username: Project6

Post Number: 95
what is your budget???

Username: Cowboy

Post Number: 7
I would like to get the center at or under 300. Probably the same for the surrounds. I at least need a good center now...so if i find something good enough in my budget for surrounds, i will get them now, or just wait for some more money to come my way.

Username: Cargoil

Post Number: 7
Take a look at Wharfdale. Price and performance are great. They are not quite as sensitive as the Klipsch but I think they would make great match. I would try the Diamond 8 series.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 96
try the Athena Bookshelf speakers ASB1 ($179)or the ASB2 ($259)and also the S.5 ($200)surround speakers,and for the center audition the Athena ASC-1 ($179) ...they would match with HK very well.
There is also the Axiom M2i for $255 and the Axiom VP100 ($220).
cheers

Anonymous

Bought some Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 for $59.00 ea for the fronts and $69.00ea for the center and 2-faced rear speakers. Mine were discounted at a local stereo store but I have seen them mail order for about the same price, maybe cheaper. I run them through a Pioneer VSX-511 and they sound good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us