EQ settings?

Username: Necromancer

Post Number: 1
Can someone tell me some good settings (i.e for specific types of music, like Rock, Techno, Jazz, etc.. Or for different places like concert halls, recording studio, etc..) for an amp? Like, how should each frequency be set? Any response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Anonymous

The recordings have the sound that the artist went to have, because of you should play the music in flat position. Equalizers only puts noise in your music & ears.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Try this: Take a pencil and a pad of paper to a Best Buy. Look for a Sony reciever with presets for all the spaces you want to "recreate". Push the buttons to get each preset to pop up and mark the settings on your paper. This should take about three days as Sony has about 3 gajillion presets you can access.

crissg
Unregistered guest
I love all the purest who think EQ's are insulting to artists or somehow are inconsistant with audiofiles. In general, the accoustics of a room, the nature of the components of the system and the human ear are all variables that should be allowed for in the adjustment of an EQ. The biggest consistant varible is the volume at which one typically listens to the music. I could go on, but DAJ, I would start with a simple sign curve with plus 3db at the highest and lowest bands verses the center at negative 3db. Set your volume level and don't change it. As the volume changes from adjustments, adjust all the band together to maintain the same volume. Play a little with reducing the base. If you have a strong sub woofer, roll off the bass at 15 or 30hz. To add richness, play with frequencies between 150 to 400 hz. If you have a lot of hard surfaces in the room, reduce your upper frequencies to reduce the brightness. A lot of soft surfaces, push the upper frequencies. there is no magic setting, and settings will vary from music types and from artist to artist, or producer to producer. Take your time, get used to adjustments once your in the ball park. I've had EQ's in every system I have had, home or car, since the late 70's. Enjoy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us