Minidisc (maybe) lost track.

Username: Bibit

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody
Yesterday I used my Minidisc recorder (MZ-RH910) for a concert: as always I checked everything it was working (just seeing the volume peaks on the display satisfies me) and put the Minidisc recorder in my jacket internal pocket. When the gig ended, I am almost positive, looking at the display (it was still very dark in the venue) the peaks were still pulsing and I pushed the STOP button making appear (at least I guess) on the display the usual phrase DATA SAVE - SYSTEM FILE WRITING (or something like that).
After that very moment I stopped to interest myself about the recorder.
When home I transferred the track on my PC and, with my disappointment, the track was only 5 minutes long!
As I wrote before I am almost positive having seen the peaks pulsing on the display and so I guess that maybe I could have pushed the STOP button a second time interrupting the DATA SAVE process and the writing of the TOC. Not sure.
So I am here to ask if someone can help, if there's anything I can do to check if the track still exists (I tried to explain to myself the existing of the only 5 minutes track, thinking that maybe I could have pushed the REC button putting an INDEX (even though it's very hard to push it as it's so flat levelled to the surface of the recorder).

What can I do before giving up to the idea that no sound has remained inside the recorder?
Thanks in advance.
Fab

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18523

Try the disc on another player. Otherwise, the track doesn't exist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us