Denon DRA-295 w/ KEF Q Compacts for Bedroom?

Username: Modulated

Hollywood, CA

Post Number: 1
Newbie here, overjoyed I found this forum, hope I can contribute some value. But right now, I'm needy.

I'm putting together a light duty system for the bedroom, and I'm considering the Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver. The reason I'm interested is that it has video inputs (dvd/vcr/v.aux)and does video switching, even though it's a stereo amp. I have no desire for surround sound in the bedroom (my wife is suffering enough with the 8 speakers in the family room), but I certainly can't listen to dvd and digital cable music channels through the TV speakers.

The amp would drive 2 sets of speakers: I have my eye on the KEF Q Compacts for the bedroom, and I have already installed JBL SP6C's in the adjoining bathroom ceiling. The Denon is only 50W/channel, so I think it'll match nicely with the Q Compacts. The Q1's aren't much more, but the Compacts size is a plus since I can hide them away in the armoire next to the amp (when not in use of course).

I have snobby ears and beggar's pockets, so the goal is a small system, with great sound, for cheap. How does this set-up sound to you guys? Are there other amps I should consider? Will the Q Compacts disappoint as main speakers, even for a light duty system? (fyi, I considered mini-systems, but I need to power the bathroom speakers and I need inputs for DVD/Digital Music/VCR).

THANKS!

Modulated

Username: Modulated

Hollywood, CA

Post Number: 2
Anybody?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us