Best in home subwoofer under 1200$

Username: Gg123

Post Number: 4
I am looking for the best possible in home subwoofer with no distortion, low tones, and big boom for under 1200$. Any recommendations?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18613

https://www.stereophile.com/content/recommended-components-2018-edition-subwoofe rs

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3518
Stereophile list can get pretty expensive.

A quick look shows exactly ONE sub withint the stated cost limit.

Stereophile is terrific at spending OPM (Other Peoples Money!)

Not to say the more $$ are not worth it, but for most people, spending 3000$+ on a sub is not in the cards.

Other subs within the price limit are 'doable'. From HSU Research? SVS? And several other 'prime' manufacturers.

Other factors, not discussed can make a difference. When I went shopping many years ago, I could have bought either one sub near my maximum price OR a pair of lesser subs. Big SQUARE room might call for a different solution than the same cubic feet of room, as some kind of rectangular space.

In the case of the OP? A pair of HSU Research VTF2mk5 will rock your world. Cut / Paste for link.
But that's just ONE choice of many.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk5.html

Even my odd shaped room (8 sides, asymmetrical peaked ceiling) worked well with a single sub. After some experiment. The first place I put it, in the Left corner, resulted in too much 'gain' and some 'boom', especially in the room next to the LR, the den, which was like being in a 55 gallon drum with somebody beating on it.
Relocating the sub to the RIGHT side, not corner loaded, was IT. Bass instantly became more musical without lacking extension or definition.

PERSONALLY? I'd skip the 'boom' and go for musical. With my setup, when the Dinosaur walks in Jurassic park, stuff on the walls moves. Nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us