Sony PS-LX35P

Username: Nigel_s

Post Number: 1
Hi
I recently acquired a Sony PS-LX35P and haven't got a clue how to connect the power cable (shown in picture) to a power supply. I've seen other forums talking about connecting it to a 12v DC 2W power supply but I don't see how I can connect them. Do I have to cut the covering off the cable and join the bare wires together or something?
Thanks for any helpUpload

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3432
https://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Turntable-power/m-p/362210

Do a Cut/paste and this'll take you right to a picture!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18388

Turntables are one component I get rather hinky about.

Cheap, bad and poorly designed/built (they all seem to go together) turntables can destroy your LP's.

I suggest it's better to avoid these products for the sake of the music.

Each year Sony produced dozens, if not hundreds, of cheaply made, crappy, plastic turntable models back in the early '80's. At the time, Sony was heavily promoting their new product, the CD and producing bad turntables was one of their best arguments for switching over to digital.

The connector you show indicates your table was once paired with a cheap rack system from the '80's. The table drew its power from the main component in the rack (I hesitate to even call it an amplifier).

The most significant contribution the entire "rack system" classification made to the world was the introduction of massive amounts of plastic which will stay in our landfills for thousands of years.

DO NOT PLAY YOUR LP'S ON A PLASTIC TURNTABLE.

Yes, you may be able to get power to the table but, why?

Have you looked at the cartridge on the plastic arm? It's no longer available. Nor is the stylus for the cartridge.

If you want to play your LP's with a worn stylus installed in a plastic tonearm, you might as well give them to your dog for chew toys. Once the groove has been damaged by a worn stylus in a horrible plastic tonearm, it's gone forever only to be replaced by noise.

If you value your music at all, this is a certain way to ensure their destruction.

Honestly, even if this is all the table you can afford, you can't afford to destroy your LP's.

Do you know whether you even have a phono pre amp in your system? If you don't know, then this turntable may be worthless to you.

Don't waste your money on this table.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us