Parts Speakers Sony SS-636

Username: Munozf

Post Number: 1
Hi.
I have 2 Speakers Sony SS-636 and I need the tweeters and I have a receiver Pioneer VSX-456 and I need the manual and the remote.
Do you know a shop where I can buy it?

Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 663
If these are current models or less than 5 yrs out of production, contact Sony and Pioneer about their respective parts. You might be able to download the owner's manual.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15623

Start with a service center for each respective brand. Sony has gone to centralized service for their repairs in most situations, there are no independent Sony repair centers to my knowledge, haven't been for quite some time, and only a few "master" service centers scattered across the country last time I looked.

Pioneer is traditionally more accessable through independent service facilities. If you're in or close to a large metropolitan area, a quick check of the Yellow Pages should give some indication of who might be able to order the parts you need as remotes are considered "parts". Unless you need a feature found only on the Pioneer remote, buying a universal remote will be less expensive and much faster.

Otherwise, a search engine for "Sony repair center" and likewise for Pioneer should help. As James mentioned many owner's manuals are available on line as downloads.

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
Last time I had a Sony product serviced, it was a 2 hr drive to one of their svc ctrs. It was a blessing that we even lived within 2 hrs of one.

Username: Munozf

Post Number: 2
I haven't found the manual for the VSX-456. please, do you have a web site for download it?

thanks in advance

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
If you can't find the owner's manual on Pioneer's website, chances are that model has been out of production more than 5 yrs. However, you might be able to control it with a universal if the codes haven't changed. We have 2 Sony TVs. One is 2 yrs old, the other is 9. The remotes are interchangeable except for the features that are not common to both sets. So, if you program the Pioneer receiver code into a universal, it should work.

Username: Felixthecat1

Post Number: 1
Hi there did you end up finding the SS636 tweeters? Im contacting from sydney Australia and trying to find one thats working for my dad. one of his tweeters no longer works and I'm looking worldwide for one can anyone help?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18285

Given the date of the original post, these speakers must now be at least six years old and likely out of production. It's quite possible Sony would no longer have replacement parts for these speakers.

Try an independent parts shop such as PartsExpress (http://www.parts-express.com/) in your location. They will have generic parts which will require you purchase the tweeters as a pair and replace the parts in both speakers.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us