Help with Philips Go Gear 2 gb MP3 player

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through February 11, 2006jack_sinatra_castro100

Just 1look
Unregistered guest
To reformate your Philips GoGear, you've to start WMP(WindowsMediaPlayer10series, than click on the button synchronisice. At the top of this window is a button at the right corner which commands the formation.

english
Unregistered guest
to cerberus - top tip mate bought one off ebay for £10 did what you said with the hard drive and i'm listening to it right now, i'm gonna buy some more and bung em back on ebay when i've fixed them cheers mate

english
Unregistered guest
John McNamara

http://www2.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=GB&slg=ENG&sct=HDD_AUD IO_JUKEBOX_SU&cat=MP3_PLAYERS_CA&grp=PORTABLE_ENTERTAINMENT_GR&session=200602150 81303_62.254.23.7&ctn=HDD070/10&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

Hilary Hancock
Unregistered guest
I gave up after calling technical support and telling them about my download of the "detect USB device" from their website. My computer didn't even detect it! I returned my 2GB player and bought a memory card for my PDA so that I can play music on that.

Unregistered guest
I am so glad I have been able to start enjoying my Go Gear after passing through a seriuos hard time.Now I have just one prolem and that has to do with changing the rechargable battery. Someone told me the battery can be changed and I have tried to open it with no success.Mine is HDD82/07.I did remove the small screw at the back but still could not open it. This is where I will need some help pls.

Unregistered guest
I have Philips GoGear HDD82/17 and it doesn't start at all. I lost the DMM cd so where can I download DMM software to restor my player?

Unregistered guest
hey i bought a 2gb philips go gear mp3 couple months ago been wondering how to set up the blacklight so it automaticly come on whne u touch a button but i have yet to find ne thing this is the one prob i have cause i can't see what playing at night time cause the light dont turn on some one help fix this thing

Unregistered guest
O btw To reformat your mp3 player us musicmatch thats what i use fairly easy u guys

Moninni
Unregistered guest
Hi!
Does anyone have a tip for me ragarding transferring files by drag and drop to my Philips Go Gear? It's just a big hazzle to use WMP, I'd rather use Explorer and do it the easy way. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Hello, I'm having a small problem with down loading the recommended Windows Media Player 10 service...Can anyone help me out?

jacobanselowen
Unregistered guest
My Go gear want recoinize the names or artists names of the files it just says no artist found no track found how do i fix this

MissRose
Unregistered guest
Tdogg, have you found out how to work the backlight yet? I have the same problem.

MissRose

Unregistered guest
Jacobanselowen, mine did the same thing. I had to do a complete restore and delete everything on it. After I did that and reloaded my music everything is now recognized.

Any idea how to delete music from the MP3 player? All the information I can find only tells how to delete it from the library not from the portable device.
Thanks

freakin-jukebox
Unregistered guest
hi my i got a problem with my jukebox hd0065
the problem is i cant turn it on i cant get conection to the computer and i cant recharge it
and when i tries to recharge it et just flashes
do anyone have a sugjestion for me

whuut
Unregistered guest
My Philips gogear Mp3-player like.. can't connect to my computer anymore. It starts charging, but the mp3-folder doesn't show on the computer screen!! What the h*ll's WRONG?? I can't add new songs and stuff since I can't even open it in the computer :S This sucks!! Does anybody know what I shall do??

missxillusive
Unregistered guest
hi i have a problem or not really a problem. question. i just pressed some buttons and then it fast-forwarded some of the song. wow i didn't know it did that. i still don't know how to do that...help?

frustrated 132
Unregistered guest
do not buy these do not work. I have spent hours trying to transfer music to this and when it says it is done you look and there is nothing on it. when you go in to it on the computer it is all there though ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Midnight_fenrir

Post Number: 1
I just got a philips go-gear 2 gig for $5 at a pawn shop. When I plug in the AC adapter the screen lights up, but other than that the unit is completely unresponsive to anything. there is nothing being displayed, no button or combination of buttons seem to help. I just have a gentle continuous flash of the screen. I opened it up and I can't see anything amiss... but I am far from a professional.... any ideas?

Username: Ginjakid

hi got a phillips gogear hdd065/05 all it does is flash rapidly when i plug it in to the charger. nothing else. HELP

Username: Robevs

how do u unplug the battery on a hdd065/05???

Post Number: 2
I have a hdd065/05 and removing the battery didn't work for me!!! when i turn it on the picture of the player and a computer comes up but it says "Problem! Please connect to computer" what's up with it? and how do i fix it?

Please help!

Post Number: 3
can you restore the factory settings on hdd065 without turning it on because i can't access the player or hard disk in any way i have tried!!!

Username: Crimsonspiral

i have had my player for almost 4 months. When i turn my Philips 2GB player on, the screen says "Philips" and stays frozen there. you also hear this "clicking" noise. I don't know if the battery needs to be changed or something is wrong with the firmware. any help would be great! e-mail me at TigrisClawz7@aol.com thanks!

Username: Eggytez

ShanghaiChina

i recently bought a philips gogear hdd070, i tried to download files onto it but whenever i opened musicmatch or philips media manager they both did not recognise the player and said 'player not connected' or 'connect player'( but the computer itself did so it was the software). the problem is with the software and there are a few programs that can solve it. i found one, which was already mentioned, called litespeed hdd manager (check it out on google). the program itself is not great by any means, the playlists dont work, you can only download one song at a time onto the thing but its free and safe, and has no trouble locating ur player on the usb drive.download it and install and run it, a grid/table will come up. you then can simply drag and drop (one at a time or else it freezes or doesnt work) and it wud take around 5 seconds to download. Its not pretty to look at and it occasionaly freezes so you have to close and start it again but i have had no problems downloading my music, apart from the slowness of draging each track one at a time. its a pretty desperate measure but well worth trying, there are also non free programs which do a better job, google it out an du will find wat ur looking for. hope it helps

Username: Peek

HDD082 was dropped and froze. I "thawed" it but when I tried to add more songs I got an I/O error. I unplugged and tried again but now my device manager doesn't recognize it (but my computer does) and I only get the message
"!Files are missing, reconnect and try again."
Any suggestions?

Username: Davemustaine

My HDD082/17 mp3 has stopped working... is the anything i can do to fix it?

Username: Kman0199

Does anyone have a power cord for the Philips hdd82/17 model mp3 player that they would like to sell. I have the USB charger that charges through the computer but the mp3 player is giving me a symbol for me to put it on the plug up charger and will not charge through the usb cable.

Username: Gemmylou

my phillips jukebox 07/05 packed up yesterday. It was working fine day before. thought it was battery but it doesn`t turn on or charge. just flashes when you plug charger in. theres nothing you can do to fix it. I`ve got to send it back to supplier who I bought it from. just put 400 songs on it- gutted!!

Username: Nicishel

I won the HDD075/17 from work (Philips) for taking part in the HeartWalk in Seattle. I charged it up and went to add music. All I got was a flashing screen. After calling Customer Support and getting an RMA number I was directed to ship the unit and all parts back to Philips Repair Center via UPS or FedEx (1400 E Tahlequah, Siloam Spring AR 72761; 1-888-744-5477). I then had to wait 10 business days before calling for status. Got it back and now the only issue I am having is that my music files are transferred but don't have any names listed. They all say No Track Found. I'm going to try the reformat and reload that someone else suggested. Also, I have to connect the USB cord directly to my pc. If I try to go thru a hub it does not work. Good luck!

Username: Monty187

Hi guys, i have a 2gb go gear and i have quite a few mp3s over 30 minutes, i dont seem to be able to fast forward though the songs. anyon know how to do this?

Thanks
MM

Username: Dmq

HELP!!! I HAVE A GO GEAR AND IT JUST DIED, IT DONT SEEM TO RECHARGE, I THINK MAYBE I NEED A NEW BATTERY???

Username: Raceman

When i removed the usb cable my GoGear 2mb mp3 player from my computer, it says Problem! Please connect to the Computer!. The screen is frozen and i cannot turn the GoGear on/off. When i connect it up again, i have no idea what the problem could be. Does anyone have any ideas?

Username: Sean_missin

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire England

My wifes phillips 065/05 also packed up like Nathes and Supergirls showing a flashing screen when charging and unresponsive. I tried phillips help line and they wanted to charge £130 to repair it. Tech support refused to help further. So I took a gamble and took it apart and got the details from the battery. I tracked down a replacement at www.partsmaster.co.uk their product code PHS310420052231 phillips part no is. 310420052231 Specification is a 3.7v 700mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery made by BYD co ltd.
I took the left hand cover off the player and removed the battery and replaced it. Replaced the cover and the unit turned on. It is now charging/functioning correctly. I hope this information is useful to someone. I will be writing to Phillips to complain but it is unlikely to improve the situation for others.

Username: Lorney

I have given up with mine, it is not gonna cost me a whole new MP3 player!! never gonna buy another philips product!!!! bo!!

Username: Milltown

Portmouth, England England

I have been given a PHILIPS GOGEAR 512mb, I have not got the software cd and cannot find it on the net. If anyone can help please email me at osheajp@onange.net.I cannot load any music on it.
Thanks

Username: Hdd065

Recently bought the hdd065, transferred files, which show up ok on the computer, but when go to the mp3 player nothing shows up, except for the factory setting X2 music files....

Username: Greed

My Phillips GoGear mp3 player decided to stop working. None of the button works. And when I connect it to the computer with the USB cord, nothing happens...help!!

Username: Mgclerici

hello i have a philips gogear hdd6330 (30gb) and i can't repair it, i tried everithing but i just can't do it. When i use the device manager nothing happend, the problem is that there is a file that i can't erase and it wasn't there before y think it's a virus and olso all the song files appear like a lot of squares. if you now hoy to repair without the device manager please let me know mgclerici@hotmail.com

Username: Kittykat

does anyone know how to delete FM and voice recordings off the GoGear without doing a complete restore?

Username: Dumb

I really am losing my mind.
Could anyone tell me why my DMM won't open!? I connect my MP3player on the computer, everything should be fine but when I try to open DMM, it doesn't response any way! It just won't work. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
[sorry my bad English, I'm a Finnish]

Username: Asuo

gogear hdd82/17 when I in inserted in the usb, it show up like a philip camera and i can download sounds

Username: Tmac

the thing keeps freezing up..its a go gear hdd82/17...but when i click play and up at the same time it unfreezes it but when i turn it back on it freezes again

Username: Anamaria

I have the same problem as omar riaz, i recently bought a HDD065 2GB mp3 player, using musicmatch jukebox to transfer music, shows transfering fine on pc but when i go to the player there is nothing on...oh and when opening the device manager it says i have a Philips Nike mp3player...when the one i have is a GoGear...any help? :/

Username: Romano15

How do I delete music from my philips MP3 player and is there a way I can make folders on my mp3 player?

Username: Remy6287

I bought a 30Gb gogear in Febuary and at first it was working fine. I put over 3,000 songs on it and no problems. But then a couple months later it began to freeze up every now and then. I looked up how to restart it and it was fine again. Every time I used it I would charge it again, but I noticed it wasn't holding the charge as well as it used to. The other day I was using it after I had charged it that night and after about an hour maybe less it gave me a warning sign that the battery was going to die. So I turned it off and plugged it back in when I got home. This morning I woke up thinking, 'Oh good, my battery is charged on my gogear I can listen to my music and enjoy my day.' Well much to my suprise when I pushed the All Tracks button it said list empty. I was shocked! I thought it might have messed up or something when I turned it on so I restarted it and tried again...nothing. No songs, anywhere. What happened to the 3,000+ songs I had?! They are not on my computer anymore because being the trusting person I am when it comes to electronics I thought the device had stored all my songs forever. I can't remember all the songs I put on there! Is it possible to get these songs back? Way to go Philips, I will definitly buy your products in the future.

Username: Blazek

I have a problem with HDD065 2GB mp3 player. It stoped working. It already happened before. It just flashes when i plug the power on. I took it to the authorisd Philips service. They repaired it. But it broke down again and again. It has been 3 times already in the service. They told me that the problem is with INTERNAL MEMORY - EPROM.

The Eprom memory got erased because there is a problem with battery.The replacement of the battery didnt help unfortuantely.

Maybe any of you knows how to upload this Eprom memory into the device beacuse the warranty is over and now if I wanted to get it repaired they would charge me.

Username: Tykes

Derby, Derbyshire UK

I have same problem as Blazej Bebenca - I upgraded the firmware from Philips website - bingo device froze completely. only resort was to let it go flat - recharge and hope - but no it wouldn't turn on at all. before this i had 18months trouble free and could use MusicMatch to download/delete etc with no probs.
bought another off Ebay after 2 days of trying to get musicmatch and DMM to work (I could reset it but not get the HDD065 to see the music it downloaded) i was about to give up but then I found Yahoo Music Juke Box and this works quite well (no plugins required)- downloaded 500 songs last night (album by album) listening to it now. only problem with Yahoo - can't delete a file have to erase all, will worry about this later

Username: Bowlynd

Post Number: 8
i have the same problem with my hdd065/05 player it will not show any songs i put on it and it doing my head in i no 1 can help me i will take it back where i bought it from they r the worst player ever made

Username: Bowlynd

Post Number: 9
hi i have done the problem i had with my crappy go gear hdd065/05 it took me 7 hours 2 do it im never going 2 buy 1 ever again they totaly the worst players ever made they r waste of money if u ask me

Username: Fishlips

If anyone has a Philips gogear 082/17 2gb mp3 player that is dead, and beyond repair, I would sure appreciate the chance to open it up and check out the guts of the thing.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 749
yo

Username: Bethvecc

Need troubleshooting for my GoGear HDD82/17. I got it last Christmas load about 200 songs worked fine until about 3 weeks ago when I decided to sync some new songs. Ever since it freezes, won't turn off, won't stay on, if it does play the songs are distorted or record mic comes on....it's just haywire all of sudden. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Username: Hothunny

Owosso, Michigan United states

I just got a philips gogear ipod and I bought the charger for it too but,it doesn't want to turn on at all if anybody knows what to do please help me.

Username: Hothunny

Owosso, Michigan United states

how do you take the battery out of a philips gogear?

Username: Sean_missin

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire England

Casey this is of course at your own risk.
Assuming the screen is facing you, undo the right hand side crome cover (the cover with the source/menu/volume buttons) screw and pull the cover off. There is a connector with 3 wires leading to the battery. Unclip the connector carefully and ease out the battery. You can now fit the replacement and replace the side cover and do up the screw.

Bronze Member
Username: Annamouse

Post Number: 12
Buy an iPod.

Username: Richart

I have the same problem as loads of you- when I run the musicmatch portable device manager it can't see the gogear even though the gogear knows it's connected and windows can see it too. I downloaded the latest version of the portable device manager from the philips website and had the problem that a couple of you had- it won't install because it needs service pack 1 or later. I am trying to download this now but wanted to ask if anyone had actually had any success going down this route because it all seems pretty painful to me.

Username: Zoe1

Hi
Any 1 having any problems with the gogear HDD065/05 when trying to upload music and are getting the philips nike instead of philips gogear show up.
All you have to do is uninstall wmp11 as it is not supported by philips for this model.
Uninstall these from add remove programs in control panel.
1.Windows Media Player 11
2.WMP11 Media format runtime11
3.Microsoft User mode Driver framework feature pack 1.0.0 (Pre release 5348)

Hope i've helped someone it worked great for me :-)

Username: Michaeldvt

Hi
I have just one problem that to do with changing the rechargeable battery. Mine is HDD82/07. I did remove the small screw at the back but still could not open it. Does anyone know how to do it
I need some help please
Michael

Username: Bethvecc

Michael....Do not waste any more time on trying to fix your Go Gear. Go out and get yourself an Ipod Shuffle!} It's the geatest little thing ever! I had the HDD82/17 and know use it as a paper weight. Every time you think it starts to works something goes wrong. It's a total lemon:-( My barely lated a year.

Username: Schunathy

Hi Marie Clinton!
I did what you said and still is not working.. Philips Nike still appears and of course, no songs appear in the player neither.. I've already went 3 times to the store for different problems related to this player.. what a waste of money!

Username: Zoe1

Sorry to hear that, that is what worked for me and was told these details by philips themselves on the phone, i thought it might help someone else too.

Hi Marie!
actually it worked! but only to upload song with Windows Media Player, Jukebox still recognizes the player as "Nike Player" and it's worthless. Also, some songs can not be uploaded using the WMP becaus it says that there's some kind of error.. but hey! at least some songs are on the GoGear! thank you very much!

Username: Wisepimp

Ok, you guys are going to owe me big time for this but this is how you fix these problems if its hanging on the startup or frozen and not detecting. My girl has a GoGear and it was frozen on the GoGear logo on starting up. Took me a couple days but I did figure it out. It wasn't detecting on my pc either.

On Windows XP, hook your GoGear to your usb port, right click My Computer choose Properties, Hardware tab then click Device Manager. You will see an option that says Windows Portable Devices(if your GoGear is connected to the USB port) with a plus sign to expand and see your GoGear. What you want to do is: DO NOT UNPLUG IT from the USB port yet. It most likely has a yellow exclamation mark once expanded that says drivers not found or some BS. (By the way dont ask about installing the drivers cuz I did that plenty of times and that did not work either.) Right click that GoGear with the exclamation mark and click uninstall but do not do push anything after. Now unplug your GoGear and it's cable from the USB port and finish the uninstall. Close all that now. Now plug your GoGear in the usb port again and double click My Computer and you should NOW see your GoGear because it should be detected. Right click that icon choose Format, quick compression. Now choose your GoGear Device Manager and Repair it. Unplug and it should be working again.

Just a note, I had all the GoGear programs uninstalled except the PC software from the Philips site which I downloaded but it should work even if you have everything installed. If not download their pc software for your GoGear, format, then install the Device/Firmware Manager and repair. I know this should work because hers was frozen on the logo for days.

- WisePimp

Username: Supermouse92

My 512mb philips go gear mp3 has a file on my sisters page(media player) but i cant put her music onto my mp3 because most of her music is from itunes.On my media player theres no philips go gear icon(file),despite the fact that i had it plugged in recently to attempt to put music on it.The music wasnt on the mp3 when i turned it on despite the fact that it says that i have 80 songs on it!I tried 2 explain the best i could,i hope u can help me!All i want is some music!

Username: Adamemo

please help when i plug my 2 gb philips hdd065/05 it says im connected on the mp3 screen but then it turns off and it wont recognise it so i cant put music on it and i swear if i does it again IM GONNA FCKING THROW THE FCKING THING OUT MY WINDOW GRR please help

Username: Rookie4life

wow. i wish i would have seen this post before i bought mine. unbelievable.

ADAM PAUL KENT:
Do not update the version 11 of Windows Media Player... that's all.. it worked foro me and I had a similar problem as you.. I know the feeling of wanting to throw the fcking thing out my window!
cheers!

Username: Dellthinker

Haha Big D - me too =P

But i dont know why everyone is using Juke Box to upload mp3's. Here's food for thought, when i bought mine it came with Drivers(that i didnt need) and a installation disc that DIDNT work. It kept telling me some bullshit about my Windows Media Player wasnt updated or something. When i clearly have Windows Media 11. Anywho, i just stared at the box for about 5 mins and relised that the software being used to put music on the machine was indeed Windows Media Player. So all i did was plug the USB in my computer and the mp3 player, clicked on "Sync" and it recognised it. People you have to realise that Philips made this to work with Windows Media Player. It has most options you'll need. I still havnt figured out how to upload pictures to the SOB. :D

Username: Jigmeister

tell you what peeps philips go gears are absolute dogsh*t.I used to have one of the older ones myself until it broke completely and wouldnt switch on again.
recently my girlfriend was given one of the new models for her bday and as she is not great on computers so i have been putting songs on it for her and every time i do it causes massive problems it is so tempermental and i guarentee it will be completely broke within 2 months if i have not already decided to throw it out of the window myself.

my advice buy an ipod!!

Username: Mantra7005

Got one a year ago, had nothing but trouble. Half the time it doesnt recognise its been plugged in, and when it does it says its a phillips nike.

Then un plugged it and it came up " USB disconnected, please wait"

And ive been waiting a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Dan72

I need some help. My GoGear is almost a year old, but it didnt come with the musicmatch program, only a Wal-Mart program for WMP which I never used. I have about 300+ songs on it and I think that it might have too many. I can't do anything however because everytime I try to turn it on, it freezes at the "Phillips" screen.

Ive tried soft reset and everything, but it always goes to that screen even when charging (and it never goes to that screen during charging). I need some serious help because I dont really want to get another and put all of those songs back on it. Please help.

Username: Adam123

How do I repair my mp3? I have followed the instructions but it still doesn't recognise my mp3

Username: Supermouse92

Everyone,heres good advice.I gave up on mine!Buy the creative zens,theyre sooo much better and sooo much easier 2 put music on.seriously!

Username: Ke7azd

Lahama, Oregon

anyone know of difernt or better software thane windows meia 10 to manage my mp3 I have a sa4111/37

Username: Gaffar

Ccffdfdvvvfd, Cc India

HI I IBOUGHT THIS SA6025/97 2 GB GOGEAR PLAYER AND IT DOESNT RECOGNISE BY MY PC.I SEARCH THROUGH PHILIPS SUPPORT WEBSITE AND I DOWLOAD DEVICE DETECT TOOL BUT IT DOEESNT RECOGNISES..I FOLLOWED THE PROCEDURE MENTIONED IN THE SITE AND I FOUND IN WINDOWS XP THERE IS NO MTP DRIVER FOUND WITH SA60XX DRIVER AND IT SAYS OTHER DRIVERS AS UNSIGNED DRIVERS AND EVEN THEN IF I STARTED TO INSTALL IT..IT SAYS INF FILE IS NOT RECOGNISE AND MY PC CANT ABLE TO DETECT IT........IT IS A LOT OF HEADACHE WITH THIS DEVICE...CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME SOLUTION......THERE IS NO SERVICE CENTRE AVAILABLE IN MY CITY.IF U FIND SOLUTION PLEASE SEND ME REPLY TOMAIL ID:gaffar1232004@yahoo.co.in I will be very thankful to u.........plz help me

Username: Tab88

Philips HDD065/05 Mp3 player.

Fault:- Recognised as "Philips Nike" by Music match JukeBox/Songs transferred but do not show up on the MP3 Player.

Fix:-
1. Start Music Match Jukebox.
2. Select portable device.
3. Wait for Sync etc.
4. Select Tools.
5. Select Settings.
6. General Tab - Select Device - Philips Nike or PhilipsGoGear.
7. Select PhilipsGoGear.
8. Message Box "The currant Portable Device has been changed. Do you want to save this change?" Select Yes.
9. OK. Portable Device Manager should now read PhilipsGogear.

Hope this works for some.

Steve

Plymouth

Username: Fel_ish_us

OkAy .. My gO gEAR 2gB .. iiS LiikE HELLA tRiiPPiiN .. LiikE WEN ii CHARgE .. iit WORkz .. BUt WEN ii tAkE iit Off DA CHARgER .. iit DOESNt WANNA WORk ANy MORE .. CAN ANyONE HELP ME WiitH tHiiS ??

fEL_ISH_US@YAHOO.COM

Username: Briankk

I am wanting to know is there anyway that I can get into the GoGear 2GB and find the serial number I know I can get the model number on it in the menu. Is there a away that you can go in to the memory after something has been deleted off and see what it was. Talked with the people from the factory and he said you could do that but he couldnt remember how to it and I was wondering if anyone on here knew how to do this.

Thanks For Your Time

Username: Anuatpi

Im having Phillips GoGear 1GB MP3 player. It loses the stored data sometimes. This happened twice in past. wats the issue?

Username: Dida431

PLEASE MY COMPUTER KNOWS MY MP3 GOGEAR HDD082/07 AS A CAMERA AND WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE FILES I FIND NUTTIN NO FILES NO MP3 CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE

Username: Blackant

I bought Mp3 Phillips GoGear SA 2320 in Czech 2 months ago. When I
brought it to Vietnam and upgrage firmware to version 4.10, my mp3 had
some problem:
+ Mp3 is automatic turn off when play
+ It can't recognize some Mp3 file
+ when I press next or volumn up tow or three times
now I can't use my Mp3 to play music, when I open audio file, it's
play very fast and shut down when the first song finish
I can't open record option, when it's opened, mp3 stop working, I
can't shut down it with the button, I must take off battery to turn
off mp3
Who have solution to cure my mp3?
If you can help me, contact with me: thangh9@gmail.com
Thanks alot!!!

when i connect my Gogear to my PC and open DMM, it didn't recovery my mp3 like Philips's suggestion. I turn on gogear and tried play some song, but it played so fast like me press button "Next", and I went to Restore funtion in Option, my Gogear's frozen but didn't shut down.
what's the matter with my gogear, who can help me???

Username: Lovemonkeysd

I have a Philips GoGear HDD070/17 and it was having several problems. It would freeze in the middle of playing a song, or it would skip to a different song in the middle of playing a song, then skip back again.

To shut down when it freezes or locks up:
When it froze, the only way I could shut it down was to press the up arrow button and the vol + button at the same time and hold them both until it shut down. I decided it needed to be formatted and wiped clean.

To format:
I connected it to my Windows XP computer, and Windows recognized it as a "Removable Disk." I formatted it making sure to choose "FAT32" as the file system.

I ran the Philips DMM (Digital Media Manager) software that came with my GoGear so I could put music on my player, but the DMM software didn't recognize the device.

I tried Musicmatch jukebox, and it didn't recognize the device either.

Here's how to fix that problem (well, it's how I fixed it for my GoGear HDD070):

Go to www.philips.com/support

In search box at upper right I typed HDD070 (my model number).

Only one item was in the search results and it was:

Contact & Support - HDD070/05
Philips Micro jukebox HDD070 2GB*
Consumer Products, HTML, English - Jun 1, 2008

Click on "Contact & Support - HDD070/05" and it takes you to the HDD070 page.

Click on "Software & drivers" at the left of the screen

Download the "Firmware Upgrade - Software English (UK), Application (9.17 MB) Version: V.5.2"
Save this file to your hard drive. Do not open it at this time.
This is the Philips GoGear HDD Device Manager program and the file name is "hdd070_05_fus_eng.exe"

Download the "Musicmatch Jukebox Software English (UK), Application (33.35 MB) Version: V.9.5092"
Again, save this file to your hard drive. Do not open it at this time.
This is the Musicmatch Jukebox 9 program and the file name is "hdd070_05_mjs_eng.exe"

Run the Philips GoGear HDD Device Manager file you downloaded (hdd070_05_fus_eng.exe) so it can install on your computer. After it installs start the program by going to Start > All Programs > Philips GoGear HDD > Philips GoGear HDD. This starts the Device Manager. I did both "Upgrade" and "Restore". Now your GoGear has the latest version of the firmware.

Now run the Musicmatch Jukebox 9 file you downloaded (hdd070_05_mjs_eng.exe) so it can install on your computer. After it installs start the program by going to Start > All Programs > Musicmatch > Musicmatch Jukebox. Make sure your GoGear is connected to your computer, then Click on "Portable Device" on the left side of the Musicmatch Jukebox screen. After a few moments it should recognize your device and bring up another window titled "Portable Device Manager".

If your GoGear is recognized as "Philips Nike", then follow the instructions provided by Steven Hunter (thanks Steven!). His post is earlier in this string of posts, but I've copied it for you here:

steven hunter
Username: Tab88

Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 03:37 pm:

Philips HDD065/05 Mp3 player.

Fault:- Recognised as "Philips Nike" by Music match JukeBox/Songs transferred but do not show up on the MP3 Player.

Fix:-
1. Start Music Match Jukebox.
2. Select portable device.
3. Wait for Sync etc.
4. Select Tools.
5. Select Settings.
6. General Tab - Select Device - Philips Nike or PhilipsGoGear.
7. Select PhilipsGoGear.
8. Message Box "The current Portable Device has been changed. Do you want to save this change?" Select Yes.
9. OK. Portable Device Manager should now read PhilipsGogear.

Hope this works for some.

Steve

Plymouth

His instructions provided the final step to allow me to successfully transfer music to my GoGear HDD070.

Hopefully the process will be similar for other models.

Thanks Lovemonkeysd, your guide is useful, I'll try to fix my mp3, I hope it can work again, but I can't find any firmware's file for GoGear Sa2320 both in Internet and Philips' website, can you help me!!!

Username: Seks21

Las vegas, Nv

heres a downloading program that restores ur system.....ur mp3 player...

http://www2.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=GB&slg=ENG&mid=Link_So ftware&sct=HDD_AUDIO_JUKEBOX_SU&cat=MP3_PLAYERS_CA&grp=PORTABLE_ENTERTAINMENT_GR &session=20060215081303_62.254.23.7&ctn=HDD070/10&dct=FUS&did=ENG&file=/files/h/ hdd070_10/hdd070_10_fur_eng.htm

Username: Walla

Erm..I know it's different of all the other questions, but if you open videos, and there is a video called 'Snow'
The first song is great, a kind of HipHop and R&B style..I tried to listen to the music and google the sentences to get the title and download the song..But I just can't get the name of the song...Does anybody knows what's the song's called?
Walla}

Username: Thenkilesaid

Alright, so my Gogear 2gb worked totally fine for a year and one week (exactly!) today it decided to get to the GoGear loading page and shutdown. So after reading these comments about "reformatting" i decided to plug it in, go to my computer so i can see the device's options. There was an option to "format" so i tried that and even tho it erased all the music/videos/pics ect, it now turns on. Now if your computer doesnt even recognize the device then yeah id say youre outta luck i hope my story helped =)

Username: Pianoplayer1991

yeah little sister is having problems with her Gogear 2gb. tells me that her mp3 was working fine about a couple of hours before she told me. we get home and she decides that she wants to it and then all of sudden it turns off on her. now it doesnt want to turn back on and i plug it into my laptop and it doesnt turn on and the laptop doesnt even read it. someone plz me out.

Bronze Member
Username: Db_audiofile

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 88
Miguel,
I am in the MP3 business. Is it possible that you need to charge the batterey? Some players must be in the on position to recharge. If that does not work, take it back. It is dead.
Good luck,
Db

Username: Djbetabraga

hey friends i need urgency the drive for my pen drive Philips GoGear Flash audio player SA1335 at the webpage philips doesnA´t have this drive can somebody help me please? my email; ralves.trp@gmail.com thanks a lot

Username: Joe_harczuk

Lincolnton, North carolina Us

the reset button on my philips gogear 2gb fell in and now the only way it will turn on is if i hook it up to my computer and it wont turn off after that can someone please help me

Username: Nib

anyone know how to play music direct from the folder page i want to play the whole folder not just individual songs

Username: Xxxsilentxsorrowxxx

my phillips gogear mp3 has just decided to stop working, none of the buttons work when pressed, my computer doesnt recognise the USB cable when connected?? is there some sort of reset button or combination of buttons i have to press? or will i have to send it away? please help!

- ooh and it was not dead. i just charged it the night before and it still had three bars - out of four -
i was editing the ratings and then it shut off and won't turn back on !!!
DDD=

my email

- kelsey_boyd@yahoo.com -

thanks

Post Number: 4
P5 - Phillips Gogear 2GB MP3 player
http://www.o-line-photos.nl/data/prices/tn-price-776964.jpg

- what it looks like -

Post Number: 5
Hey Guys ! this site helped me !
- for my MP3 -
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/faqview?slg=ENG&scy=&ctn=SA5125/97&ref nr=0063884&dct=QAC&session=20090710001202_71.171.250.165&searchtext=stop working

- to find your MP3 / other product -

http://www.care.philips.com/support/find_product.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry =nz&_requestid=34837

Username: Blackenigma

I found this on page 55 of my owner's manual.
My GoGear MP3 Player was frozen, wasn't being
recognized by my computer and this worked for me.

Follow these steps exactly:

1 Reset your player first by inserting a pin or sharp
object into the reset hole at the back of the player.
2 Launch Philips Device Manager from Start > Programs >
Philips Device Manager. Select the Repair Tab.
3 While pressing the Vol + on your device, connect it
to the PC.
4 Confirm Yes when you see the screen , you can release
the Vol + now.
5 Choose your device name (SA60xx) in the box.
6 After the repair completes , click OK and continue using
your player as usual.

Username: Mathias89

Hello, i am having a strange problem and was hoping you could help me solve it. I cant download music onto my MP3 player for some reason. Windows Media Player works fine up until i connect my MP3 player, then a pop up comes and says windows media player has reached an error and has to close....So i thought it was the media player so i got the one called Winamp...but it does the same exact thing so its not the media player. Then i thought it was my mp3 player but thats not it either, cause when i plug my USB flash drive/memory stick whatever its called. It does the same pop up, which is weird because that memory stick has nothing to do with the media player. So i guess it has to be the computer but i just have no clue what is causing it. I even thought maybe it was the USB port that is messed up but i plugged it into the back and once again same thing happens. Its pretty much like ANYTHING plugged into ANY usb port, has some kind of problem with ANY of the media players. For some reason they dont get along...i dont get it.

Username: Loopedo

My Phillips mp3 player is acting wierd.
I unplugged it from the computer and it says it is still transferingand not to disconnect.
I've tried plugging back into my computer and unplugging it againg but it still isn't working.
any suggestions??

Username: Madi1209

Hi all, i'm hoping someone can help me with the trouble i'm having with my Philips gogear 2Gb (SA2125/02). the player plays mp3 song in funny way, sound like distant, scratched cd. however, when i play WMV songs, the player works just fine. i formatted it hundreds of times and i updated the software on it, and the problem hasn't resolved! please help, thnaks

Username: Madi1209

Sorry, meant WMA instead of WMV

Username: Wu4d

For thouse who have GoGear Sa011 and things are bad, your pc dosen't reconize the usb or the player wont shut down thers a reset button on the back. Push it with a needle

Username: Mybluebears

OntarioCanada

My Phillips Gogear 2gb won't import videos. I've tried everything! A converter of such but nothings working! Please help!

Username: Mrxjn

My gogear raga02 couldn't connect to my pc anymore.
It used to work but at once it only charged when attached to the pc.
I solved the problem by taking another usb cable (strange I know).
With a (very) short cable (10cm) it didn't work.
I took another one (30cm) and now I got the question on the device to 'charge and transfer files'
or only to 'charge and play music'.
So everything works now.
perhaps this helps someone.

----------------------------------
fun quiz for friends with and family:
http://free-quiz-tips.com

Free Chess pairing program:
http://mdconsulting.be/pairfx-chess/

Username: Swaglife

i have philips gogear mp3 2gb . but i dont know where the pc connection is ? ..

Username: Jahanvi_shah

Hello,
I am having Philips Gogear SA011.
It was not getting started so I did format of it.
After doing format , my device get started but FM is deleted from it.
Requesting support for same
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us