Sharp SP3000A Speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Blueindian

Post Number: 14
My next door neighbor who was 98 passed away about 3 weeks ago. The family held a garage sale over the weekend and i picked up a pair of Sharp SP3000A speakers. Can anyone provide information on about when they were made. The tag on the back of the speakers states that each is rated at 10Watts RMS. Any information would be very much appreciated. The appear tp be in very good shape.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18178

No information is available.

Sharp has turned out hundreds of speaker models over the years, most associated with a full system approach. That would mean the speakers probably came with an amplifier and would be shown as a system component rather than as a discrete component model number.

Obviously, I'm unfamiliar with your speakers but I would suggest Sharp has never been known for their speakers. Quality is somewhat secondary to quantity for Sharp.

However, if you like the music they produce with your equipment, then enjoy the sound.

Ignore the RMS power rating. Speakers do no produce watts. And music is not measurable as an "RMS" value.

If your amplifier drives the speakers adequately and successfully, then that's all you need. If the sound begins to distort at higher volumes, turn down the amp.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us