Pro amps/drivers

Username: Jrum1964

Post Number: 1
I am building a custom 3 way sealed (non ported)speaker system and want to purchase the "proper amps" to power my speakers. I will be using a right, left stereo set up.
The system will be controlled by my computer and a media program called J River media center. The sound card is a julia@ 24-bit 192kHz 4x4 reference audio interface. An Echo AudioFire 8 channel FireWire AudioIinterface. An EarthWorm M30 Omnidirectional reference mic. to be used for room & speaker analysis (custom built boxes) REW V4 EQ wizard. and Loudspeaker Frequency Allocator lite. The speakers will obliviously will be set with an active x-over.

Each of the two speaker boxes will have:

- 1 Vifa XT25BG60-04 1" Shielded dual ring radiator tweeter.
Specs. Power handling:90 watts/RMS/140 watts max VC dia: 1" imp: 4 ohms Re: 2.9 ohms Frequency response: 1,500-40,000Hz Fs: 630 Hz SPL: 92.4 dB 2.83V/1m

- 1 Usher 8945A 7" Carbon Fiber/Paper Woofer to be used as Mid range drivers
Specs. Power handling: 80 watts/RMS/90 watts max VC dia: 1.625" imp: 8 ohms. Re: 5.8 ohms. Frequency response: 35 - 8,000Hz Fs: 35 Hz SPL: 87 dB 2.83V/1m

- 2 SB/Acoustics SB34NRX75-6 12" Hard Paper Cone Main Drivers
Specs. Rated Power handling: 200 watts VC dia: 75.6 mm Normal imp: 6 ohms Re: 4.2 ohms. Frequency response: 19Hz to 1kHz Fs: 19 Hz SPL: 90dB 2.83V/1m

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17796

Break out the bubbly!

Username: Jrum1964

Post Number: 2
I am trying to gather information for specific multiple amplifies to drive my speakers as the specs show as above

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17797

You want information on "specific multiple" amplifiers?

And just how are we supposed to come up with this information based solely on the data you've provided? Basically, we only know you intend to have a multi-driver system utilizing active crossovers. How do we go from that to giving advice on "specific multiple" amplifiers?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3076
If you use an active line-level crossover, I'd recommend checking out Elliot Sound Products. The 3-way kit and the power supply are nice.
The crossover I ref' is a 24db/octave LR so it sums flat with no phase issues.
It can, if I remember correctly, be configued as balanced out.....at which point you call Reno Hi-Fi and get some Pass amplifiers in the correct power range.
I have no idea from reading your 'specs' how sensitive the speakers may or may NOT be or if you will have some wacky phase / load issues.

The cheap solution is pro audio stuff....like Crown, perhaps...and the Beheringer crossover.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us