Bose subwoofer

Username: Jenta

Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 6
hi i am new here can anyone help me i have bose sub 30 series 2 usa made it gave me some kinda burning smell when i put in straight to wrong voltage i have open it every thing looks fine except dat burning smell i have talk to bose aswell they want me to pay $700 to change the power board i have heard there is two cool guys who knws each n everythng abt it plz help me if anyone can thnx.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 971
700$?? To Fix? How much would one be NEW?
Just in the sub market, that kind of cash will get you quite a nice one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i knw but i like bose and i wanna fix it can you help me with it i don mind if i have change parts and who is mark i have seen is threads. he knws everythng abt all this stuff can you help me if you are there mark.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14790
jeenu, Mark B., or maybe port will come along to help you, but the repairs are not plug n play.
You need to know how to use a meter and a soldering iron.

Or a buddy who knows how to use same.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
okay yeah i suppose i dont knw hw to do it i think i should sell the whole amplifier along with power board as is and buy a another one get it work do you knw if any one selling these parts of bose sub

Bronze Member
Username: Ctrulock

Post Number: 13
Why do you keep calling it a sub? Isn't it called a bass modual? If they called it a subwoofer they could prolly get sued.

Username: Tojohndillonesq

Boise, Idaho USA

Post Number: 4
Ditch the Bose and get a good sub. For that kind of money you can get a WORLD class used Sunfire.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1127
or any of Several HSU Research (new) ......which IMO put down the Sunfire.
SVS? Outlaw (HSU sourced?) also options. The lower tier of audiophile stuff is Very competitive.
Other used options abound.

700$ to 'fix' a Bose non-sub is a little brisk.
Also, I don't know if a true sub will go HIGH enough to meld properly with those little cube things.

Username: Vincesald

Post Number: 1
Help Pls.... I have a Bose Companion 3 series II multimedia speaker system which my wife accidentally plugged into a 220V supply. I'd read from some posts that i only have to replace the blown fuse inside and it will be ok. I bought this unit in USA, and I want to ask if somebody can help me with instructions on how to convert it to 220V so I dont have to put a step down transformer? Any help willbe greatly appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17759

You should contact Bose directly. I doubt they will have any help since they would prefer you simply buy a new subwoofer. But you cannot easily convert most electronics from one Voltage to another without the use of another transformer for stepping up or down the line Voltage.

You would certainly have to replace the power transformer which would result in a cost almost equivalent to buying a new subwoofer. From there each component part of the electronic device would need to be evaluated for proper Voltage and needed replacements would be called for. In the end, it is not an easy thing to do and the cost is almost always prohibitive.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3035
Doesn't Bose have a flat rate exchange program?

Send 'em your junk...they send you stuff that works. of the same type.

I own equipment that will run ANYwhere in the world on any standard voltage of 50 OR 60hz.
My DACMagic+ for example, comes with a bunch of plugs which adapt the PS to WHATEVER the wall plug standard happens to be.
My Canon camera has a dual battery charger which works ANYWHERE as well....So do my tooth brush chargers and several other 'universal' appliances. Some are marked '90v-230v / 50-60hz'
Even my ASP module amps (B&O) will 'jumper' adapt to any voltage worldwide. They have SMPS.

This is more than likely TOO MUCH trouble for Bose who would rather keep everything nicely divided up into territorial fiefs than make things ultimately easier on customers.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2234
"Send 'em your junk...they send you stuff that works. of the same type."

....which is also junk, but at least in working order for the duration of the warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us