Technics SL-D212

Username: Eatattheafter

Post Number: 1
Hi All! I just picked up a used Technics SL-D1212 turntable and I am having trouble finding much if any information about it online. Does anyone know much about this table- is it considered a high quality table? Also, is it related to the SL-D202, for which there seems to be more information/parts available? Particularly I need a dust cover for it and I'm trying to find one that will fit it.

Thanks for the help!

Post Number: 3
Sorry, that should have read "SL-D212 turntable" not "SL-D1212 turntable"

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16715

Contact a Technics service/repair shop. They can order parts.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the tip- I actually just managed to get a SL-D202 dust cover on ebay, I'm fairly confident it will fit my SL-D212

Username: Mark121

Post Number: 1
I am new to the site, though it appears there is no activity . I hope that I can get some help locating a turntable belt for my Trans audio 1800 turntable. I hope this question has not been answerd in a previous thread. If anyone can direct me to a site where I can find the parts I need , much thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17603

The TransAudio is about 30 years old.? From Pacific Stereo?

TransAudio was one of Pacific's house brands, made by another company and simply labeled for Pacific. Such models tend to be made by one plant for relabling to several other companies. Therefore, there is no TransAudio company, just a name placed on certain pieces of gear. In all likelyhood there are several dozen other such companiy's products which are virtually identical to your table. You're, therefore, unlikely to find any belt labeled specifically for "TransAudio". But belts are fairly generic.

Remove the belt from your table and measure its size; the circumference of the circle it creates. Recognize that old belts will probably be stretched out a bit from wear.

Place "turntable belts" into a search engine and find a belt slightly smaller than what the belt on your table has measured. There's no great science here. As long as the belt is not so slack when the belt is installed or the belt is so small it can't easily be placed on the platter rim, a generic belt should do the trick.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us