Airplay Speakers Decision

Username: Augustya

Post Number: 1
Ok So I am on a lookout for a good Airplay speakers now since most of the Airplay speakers are or atleast the one that I have short listed are Soundbars I thought I would ask you guys to please help me here decide between these two Soundbars AirPlay speakers that I have shortlisted.

Ok, so what I am looking out for is a speaker which has a overwhelming BASS, A tremendous amount of BASS, now I know there would be suggestions coming from you guys, that if I want a true concert like experience I need to look at a entire speaker set system than just a soundbar type speakers, I am aware about that but the portability in the soundbar AirPlay speakers is something which I find vey very interesting plus if it can give a near to full speaker set system kind of experience I think it is well worth the idea. But having said that whatever speakers that I opt for should give me tremendous amount of BASS I should feel the thump, the thunder that kind of BASS. I am into listening Techno, Club Music so for me the Bass has to be very very overpowering.

The systems that I have shortlisted is

1. Klipsch G17

http://www.klipsch.com/klipsch-gallery-g17-air

2. Bowers&Wilkins Zeppelin Air

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Wireless-Music-Systems/Wireless-Music-Systems/Zepp elin-Air/product-details.html

Anybody here who has used these two speakers or has had the chance to thoroughly test these two speakers if you guys can suggest me out of this two which one would have a higher BASS I have also mentioned below the Technical Specifications of both the speakers so if some one can go through this as well and need to study and then let me know even that would be just fantastic Couple of points that standout for me between the two are

Klipsch has only a woofer not a Sub-Woofer whereas the Zeppelin Air has a Sub-Woofer of 50 Watts RMS

Klipsch has a total output of 60 Watts RMS and Zeppelin Air is 150 watts RMS of total output so this thing can get loud really, really loud.

The other day I had a chance to listen to the Klipsch G17 carefully and My impressions about it were I though it sounded great,the sound was crisp and warm and very clear and the Bass also reasonably good but, it felt just a little, little less, leaving me desiring for more as in if it had some more oomph in the BASS compartment, I have also also had a chance to listen to the Zeppelin Air but frankly could not find out the difference maybe Zeppelin Air has more BASS, I don't know, can't make out ! Or maybe I did not notice, my lack of knowledge !! and hence I am asking all of you guys. If anyone can come in here and help me decide.

Thanks in Advance !

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17535

I am not familiar with either speaker system. I do know there are times when you must give up "this" in order to have "that".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us