Compatible Speakers for Onkyo TX-NR609?

Username: Ramkyo

Post Number: 1
Hello,
Can someone recommend good "ceiling speakers" for my Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver? This is a 7.2 Channel receiver and I'm looking for my 25x15 family room. I spoke to Onkyo customer support and they don't have anything small to attach to the ceiling so recommended to buy third party speakers.

Thanks for your help.
Laca

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17520

IMO recommending something you may not have access to is not a productive way to pick speakers. Do you have any audio shops in your area that would have a selection of ceiling mount speakers? If so, I would say just head over and give a listen to what's available in your area. Being able to hear a speaker before you buy it is always best.

The Onkyo doesn't require any special considerations when it comes to ceiling speakers. Try to avoid anything less than an 8 Ohm speaker but, even if you have to settle for a 4 Ohm system, you can make up for this with the type of in wall volume controls and/or speaker selection switching you use. The volume controls and the speaker switch box can go along way to making a system operable or a complete mess.

Who is doing the installation of the equipment for you? Most professional installers have some contacts with dealers and can recommend a pair of speakers along with the proper controls and switches.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us