Please advise what cube speakers to buy?

Username: Steverust

NEWCASTLE, Staffordshire United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
Am currently building an extension at the back of the house. Want to use my Airport Express system to stream music into the room. was looking at Bose AM5 system however it requires an amp plus I don't think it has "true" sub input??
Would like a system that has an integrated amp if possible

I need a system that has small cube type speakers as I want to put them in the ceiling corners.

can anyone give me some advice please?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1992
Have you looked at the Mirage Omnisat or similar models? The omnisat and models like it (escaping me at the moment) are wall mountable. This may not be how they'll sound best to you, so you may want to keep other possiblities in mind. Just a few thoughts.

Telling us how much you plan to spend on the amp & speakers would be helpful.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17420

Self powered or self powered with wireless capacity; http://audioengineusa.com/Store?search=Audioengine+5

Nothing as small as AM5's but AM5's are really pretty lousy speakers that require a Bose system to work as they need ample eq to make those little, tiny - and cheap - drivers work in that tiny little enclosure. You can only screw with the laws of physics so much and the AM5's have gone beyond that limit IMO. In case you aren't catching on, I'm not a Bose fan and certainly not a small cube speaker like an AM5 fan. Speakers don't need to be huge to sound good but small cubes aren't really made for music, not even background music IMO.

Self powered monitors are popular today and can be found in many shops selling musical instruments. I believe any of them could work with the Airport Express system.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2002
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help