Need advice !

Bronze Member
Username: Liquid_sun

Post Number: 18
Hi guys.
I have marantz sr4300 A/V receiver, but i want it to upgrade with stereo receiver/amp. I have few choices and who do you think will be the best one?
1. Rotel RB 981 + RC 970 BX (used, price~400euros)
2. Marantz pm 68 (used, price~300e)
3. Marntz pm 80mkII (used, price~250e)
4. Denon pma 710 ae (brand new, price~400e)
4. Harman/Kardon HK 3490 (brand new, price ~400e)
My speakers are infinity primus 250.
All the used amps are in good condition.
Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1970
If you have the opportunity to hear some, if not all of them with your speakers, you should do so. You won't know if you'll like how they'll sound with your speakers until you hear a particular amp with them. I am not very familiar with Infinity speakers, so I don't know how difficult of a load they'll be for an amp. The more difficult the load, the more I'd lean toward a HK amp as far as handling the load goes. Do you like how your Marantz receiver sounds with your speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17409

Why do you want to "upgrade" to a used receiver? What are you expecting will change with the used stereo receiver that you can't get from your current receiver? If you actually want higher sound quality, then you shouldn't be buying a receiver. Do you need a tuner (radio)? How many inputs do you have to fill? What's your source player(s)? What's important to you when it comes to music; tone, pacing, soundstage, etc? You have to know what you're searching for before you can move in the right direction. Just aimlessly thinking a half dozen receivers which all sound different from one another will make for a better system isn't going to get you there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1975
"Why do you want to "upgrade" to a used receiver? What are you expecting will change with the used stereo receiver that you can't get from your current receiver? If you actually want higher sound quality, then you shouldn't be buying a receiver. Do you need a tuner (radio)? How many inputs do you have to fill? What's your source player(s)? What's important to you when it comes to music; tone, pacing, soundstage, etc? You have to know what you're searching for before you can move in the right direction. Just aimlessly thinking a half dozen receivers which all sound different from one another will make for a better system isn't going to get you there."

???? The Op can't just do what he wants with his money? Why not just answer the question as it was asked? At least he's not planning to use car amps and speakers in his home and being applauded for his "ingenuity". He's planning to use a home amp with home speakers in his home! What a novel idea! Hey Jan! Your socks are untied! ROTFLMAO!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1976
"...and simply answer the question as it was presented."

-Jan Vigne

ROTFLMAO!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1977
Jan Vigne

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17319

Jan_b_vigne posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 18:22 GMT

"The Y splitter solution is only good for 3 source players tops!"

And Kristof only wants to connect between two components.

I suppose you'll go over the edge again when I point out Kristof hasn't said anything about his components having "zoned" capability. If you're going to stay in the thread, stop trying to find fault where there is nothing to be found and simply answer the question as it was presented.

JUST IN CASE THERE ARE ANY DOUBTS HE SAID THAT!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thanks for all of your replays,
I choose to buy a new one Marantz PM 7003(integrated amplifier) , and i was totally lucky with the price. It was the last one in the store exposed for testing so i got discount from 650euros to 390. When i connected to my speakers i realize i made the best choice without doubt. The sound is so worm, very clean every instrument is easily discerned. It also have power to shake my windows while listening at 2/3 (volume knob). It's worth to mention that the PM 7003 is awarded for STEREO AMPLIFIER UP TO $2000 OF THE YEAR by the Sound & Image Awards - 2009 .

p.s @Jan Vigne
There is a HUGE difference between sr4003 and pm7003

Gold Member

Post Number: 1980
Good for you Hristijan! Enjoy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thank you!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1981
You're very welcome!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17414

I never said there wasn't an upgrade to be had from your AV receiver. I said buying a used stereo receiver wasn't the best choice if you wanted higher quality sound. Since you chose an integrated amp that wasn't even on your original list I suppose you thought that to be decent advice. I don't know since I'm not even sure why you asked for our opinion when you did what you wanted anyway without our assistance. Enjoy your new gear and ignore james, he's po'd because he's made an @ss of himself on another thread and he likes to spread his pissiness around. That should get four or five posts with him calling me names and being a complete idiot. He can't help himself. That's how this forum works nowdays.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1982
Truth is, Jan made an a**/complete idiot of himself and should be ignored.

P.O.ed?

ROTFLMAO!

I'm not mad at you at all Jan. I laughing at your sheer stupidity! You are one funny idiot. Ecoustics ought to employ you as the forum jester!

Ha! Ha! Ha! P.O.ed! ROTFLMAO!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17416

Gold Member

Post Number: 1986

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
With all respect to you guys i wont say either of you is idiot. The only one idiot here is me ))))

Gold Member

Post Number: 1987

Gold Member

Post Number: 1988
You're NOT an idiot Hrist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us