Which speaker set to buy? infinity tss 1200 or klipsch hd 1000

Username: Bloodsport

Post Number: 1
hey im gonna be buying a speaker set to go with my onkyo reciever. its a 7.1 but im looking at buying one of these 5.1 sets and buying two bigger floor standing speakers for the front to make it 7.1 i listen to alot of music and watch movies often. there is no where around here to go listen to these speakers so im asking you guys for some advice. i can get the infinity for 500 and the klipsch for 550. i was also considering the onkyo sks-ht870. which i can get for 300. ive never heard any of these and i pretty much want whichever will last the longest and sound the best. any advice will be appreciated. thank you. my spending limit is prry 600 tops.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16233

Buying either IMO would be wasting your money. Buy something you can actually upgrade and which has been designed for good sound, not cheap price. The idea of buying two bigger, floorstanding speakers to mate with either of these two sets is misguided. You should be looking to match the center speaker to the two front main speakers. Matching "bigger, floorstanding speakers" to these things is offbase. Not what you wanted to hear but important to know. Check with some on- ine audio retailers such as Audio Advisor for some information regarding systems.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/682447.html

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us